2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Apr 012016

Silverado 2500

The head lights on a dark rainy night are so poor it is a hazard to drive, if you meet another automobile just hold on and hope you do not hit each other, as you can't tell you are going to. I have had it back for repair but they tell me there is no fix for a Chevy, if I had a GMC there is a fix. My radio will not work when its really cold out. My transmission shifts harshly and engine flutters between gears. When I slow down coming into town I feel a hard down shift, also if going slow and climbing a hill that is when it feels as if the engine has a small skip but it is the transmission not shifting into a lower gear. There is also no fix for poor shifting.

- Prospect, ME, USA

Sep 242015

Silverado 2500

Had been complaining since 2 days after purchase that transmission was shaking/shimmying/sputtering. Was pulling onto a county highway off of a residential type road (after picking up granddaughter from school - she was in truck) and truck bogged down & wouldn't go. Intersection is at top of hill and around a corner. Was clear when I started pulling out, but was almost hit by oncoming truck before I got my truck to get on across the intersection. Has been in shop twice to fix it. First time to double transmission flush. That didn't work. Next time a few weeks later, a technician hooked up a computer to my truck so he could manually shift gears while riding with me. He felt the issues and said he saw several problems. Dealership ended up replacing torque converter. Also replaced vlom manifold - whatever that is? that's what it says on work order. The problem still exists. I believe there are bulletins out on this truck's transmission already. I have talked to others who have had the same problem.

- Sterrett, AL, USA

Mar 042016

Silverado 2500

I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4 with 5000 miles. While driving to work ( less then 2 miles) my service 4WD system warning came up. The truck is stuck in 4WD can not switch it out. Also while stuck in 4WD turning is very difficult. Called dealership they told me it was safe to drive it in. While on my way to the dealership still stuck in 4WD my check engine and traction control lights came on. The truck started to shack and shifting at random and the RPM were all over up and down. I got to the dealership and checked in they took it for a test drive while I waited. After waiting 4 hours they tell me the engine has issues they don't know what or why and that it will be a few days before they will know anything. So that waiting game begins.

- Hastings, MI, USA

Nov 152014

Silverado 2500

I bought this truck brand new. I started having problems about 2000 mi. The truck has a miss and jerks under load. It has been to the dealer twice and they tell me the computer doesn't show any trouble codes so there is nothing they can do. Also on occasion the ignition key is hot to the touch. Now I have to take it in again because the brake petal might fall off. What a great product...GM I think builds a lot of these problems in to save money without a care for the customer. Now I have to drive a $46,000 piece of crap thats broken. Our hands are tied and at the mercy of big business. Hope you can help. Steve

- Lake Geneva, WI, USA

Oct 312015

Silverado 2500

October 31, 2014 on my home from work I heard a bang. The truck pulled very hard to the left taking me into the concrete barrier that divides the highway. Vehicle was in motion us highway 41/45 65 mph. After the truck was investigated at the dealer to give an estimate on the damage it was discovered the left rear axel was broken. Questioning the dealer about this issue and not getting anywhere I talked to different mechanics that I know after a week or so it was discovered there was a recal for insuffcient heat treated rear axles talking to the dealer and I was told this did not pertain to my vehicle as the recall was taken care of at the factory. I cantacted Chevrolet and was told that because I had given the ok for the dealer to make the repairs. My insurance company would need to fole paper work against Chevrolet which myself I believe is wrong. I was also told by the dealer broken axle was typical of this kind of impact. There is no damage on the side panel or rear of the truck I do have pictures on my phone which I have not downloaded to my computer.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Aug 012015

Silverado 2500

Has a vibration at 65, turns into a bad shake at 75.

- Kirklin, IN, USA

Dec 062015

Silverado 2500

Takata recall I was traveling down the highway at approximately 75 mph when I was accelerating over an overpass the vehicle began to vibrate with an associated humming noise and after about two seconds after theach vibration started a very loud and violent banging sound came from under the vehicle that was felt from the inside. I immediately steered to the highway shoulder, because I could see metal chunks tumbling from behind the vehicle from my rear view mirror. Once I was on the shoulder I looked under the truck to see the drive shaft had come apart from the transmission with the U-joint still connected on the transmission side. The drive shaft was mangled on the transmission side, and the exhaust was crushed with holes in it. The tool road authority stopped to render aid and kindly towed my vehicle off the tool road to the nearest gas station. Images were taken of the damage, but we're to big in size to upload.

- Splendora, TX, USA

Nov 192015

Silverado 2500

Transmission cannot find gears when coasting or slowing down and then hitting accelerator. Very dangerous when it hesitates for seconds before finding the right gear and going, or it stays in too high of a gear instead of downshifting to accelerate and rattles. Happens every time I drive the truck, and many other people have the same issue. GM doesn't care!

- West Frankfort, IL, USA

Jun 012015

Silverado 2500

I purchased a new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500hd duramax crew cab lt from auto nation of pembroke pines Florida and at about a week or two of driving it I started to notice a bump/clunk from the rear of the truck just as I would come to a complete stop. It also does it just apon a strong acceleration. The vehicle had about 500 miles on it when I started to notice this. I brought the vehicle in for the first oil change at about 4K miles and told the service guy what was going on. He said they would test drive it. When I picked it up he said they could find anything wrong. I think it's the slip yoke sticking and needs to be lubricated or replaced. Some of the older truck had this issue.

- Cooper City , FL, USA

Jun 302015

Silverado 2500

This is the 10th time this has happened, and 3rd time the vehicle has entered the service center. Own a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab Z71, and when attempting to start the vehicle, it does not turn over, indicating that there is a theft deterrent issue. The first time the dealer was unable to replicate the issue or error code. The second time several error codes were present, which the dealer reset. This appeared to fix the issue, until 1 month later the issue presented itself again. The vehicle is currently with the dealer on it's third repair attempt. This can be very unsafe for a vehicle since in an emergency need the vehicle could be incapable of being driven.

- Sioux City, IA, USA

Dec 292014

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. After the vehicle was shifted into park, it would shift out of park independently and roll approximately 2 to 6 inches. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed as a normal occurrence. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 1,500. Updated 8/19/15 the consumer filed a report with Massachusetts' lemon law. The consumer has injured his knee upon exiting the vehicle while it was moving forward but, the gear was in park and no key in the ignition. Updated 9/30/2015

- Acushnet, MA, USA

Aug 062014

Silverado 2500

When I put the vehicle in reverse I heard a loud clunk and the "stabilitrak" warning came on and the indicator (cursor) that tells you what gear you are in disappeared. I turned the ignition off and opened the door to reset everything. I started the car again and everything was normal. Driving down the road at 40 mph the "stabilitrak" warning came on again and the gear indicator disappeared. I pulled over and turned off the ignition and opened the door. Started the engine again and everything was normal. Driving behind traffic at 20 mph the "stabilitrak" warning came on again, the gear warning indicator disappeared and the RPM's went to 3000 RPM. I immediately pulled off the road and had the vehicle towed. If the transmission had shifted to a different gear this would have been a disaster.

- Jackson, CA, USA