2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Feb 242016

Silverado 2500

Snow on the road slid off in the ditch no impact with anything was coming back out of ditch airbags deployed truck shut off.

- Mcleansboro, IL, USA

May 252015

Silverado 2500

I was stopped at a red light and struck from behind by another smaller vehicle pushing me into a minivan in front of me. On initial impact, the drivers seat was dislodged from the mounting frame. When I hit the minivan in front of me, the airbags did not deploy and my shoulder seat restraint did not engage causing my eye to strike the steering wheel. I have nerve damage as a result of the seat belt not engaging and the airbags not deploying. The vehicle sustained enough damage, including frame damage, that it was considered a total loss. It was 6 weeks old at the time of the incident. I was the only person in the accident who required medical attention. I believe the seat mounting failed, the airbags failed to properly deploy and the shoulder restraint significantly failed. I have pictures indicating the seatbelt fully extended, but did not engage, and will no longer retract. State farm is holding the vehicle pending a possible investigation by NHTSA.

- Brookhaven, GA, USA

Mar 192015

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

While traveling with the radio on, the radio volume went off. Other radio information on the video screen appeared normal. Onstar volume was also off. Also when seat belts were disconnected while driving there was no audible signal. After stopping and restarting the vehicle everything was normal.

- Benson, MN, USA