2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500:

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Owner Comments

Feb 022010

Silverado 3500

While driving home around 10 pm with small children; my truck started to surge, became difficult to control, and the gauges did not register anything ( all at 0). This road was in the middle of nowhere and outside a bad area, so I called my husband to come follow me home and I drove home slowly all the while enduring a chugging motion. What is normally a 20 minute trip became an hour and a half trip. When I got home and shut the truck off my husband looked at it thinking that the fuel injectors could be the problem since they had just been recalled and replaced. The truck would not start when he went to restart it and the dash said 'unknown driver". through some research we discovered it is a faulty passlock system. We went through the recommendations and it was fixed. This occurred again today August 18, 2011 while driving and I now can not start my vehicle or have it towed because it can not be put on a truck because everything is locked up tight and can not be unlocked. We changed the batteries in the key fobs to no avail. The windows are stuck open and it is rainy season here. They lights come on and the information center keeps says 'unknown driver." I am now afraid to drive my truck for fear that the next time I will not be able to control it. I have an 18 year old that drives my truck to college and I live in great fear that he will not be able to control the vehicle if it does the same thing while driving it.

- Naples, FL, USA

Dec 282004

Silverado 3500 8-cyl

When braking at any speed brake pedal would go to the floor, and there would be extended stopping distance. Dealership was notified, but did not resolve the problem. ABS displayed brake system failure. The consumer stated that the brakes failed on inclines. The consumer stated that there was an electrical short. The odometer failed and added extra mileage. The tires started separating after 300 miles. The radio became hot and shorted out. The air conditioner shorted out. The consumer stated that the new vehicle checklist was not filled out nor reviewed with him. The consumer stated that the engine knocks. The consumers fingers were burned by the radio after it got hot. The consumer stated that he heard a growling noise in the power steering. The consumer heard a buzzing noise in the transmission. The consumer had to use the emergency brake to stop the vehicle coming down a hill. The right headlight went out and turned black. The headlight was replaced with the wrong high beam light. The cd player will not take the cd. The speedometer will only go to 20 mph at times.

- North Little Rock, AR, USA