2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500:

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Owner Comments

Oct 152008

Silverado 3500

I began to have trouble with my light bulbs. When I tried to change bulb I found evidence of poor connection with the plastic of the bulb and of the socket somewhat burned. The filaments of the bulbs were ok. A friend of mine advised me to coat the connection with silicone grease. Recently a Virginia state trooper stopped me for two bulbs not functioning. Same problem. Luckily he waited while I removed the assembly and, yes, the bulbs were fine but not making good contact. He explained that he also has a Chevrolet truck and has the same problem. A former employee of GM in aiken ga told me that GM was supposed to apply this grease to electrical contacts but failed to do so. This is a safety problem or the trooper would not have stopped me!

- Exmore, VA, USA