2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Owner Comments

Apr 152016

Silverado 3500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500. The contact stated that while driving at 55 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle veered to the right. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake pedal and the brake roters were worn out but that the failure was normal. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure occurred on two occasions. The first time that the vehicle was taken to a dealer for the failure, it was informed that the brakes were wearing out uneven. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 17,000.

- Chino, CA, USA

Feb 052016

Silverado 3500

ABS activates at slow speeds creating an inability to stop properly.

- Carmel, IN, USA

Mar 252016

Silverado 3500

Takata recall I got a recall notice and tried to make an appointment at the dealership I bought the vehicle. No appointments were allowed. You arrive at eight am and it will take a least 4 hours to do. The letter stated 40 minutes or less. I cannot take a whole day off of work to do this so I guess my life is in jeopardy.

- Bridge City, TX, USA

Feb 152016

Silverado 3500

I was involved in an accident on 1/15/16 in which I was sideswiped by another vehicle. Upon impact, I had no brakes and no steering control. This caused me to rear end another vehicle and hit a tree head on. The airbags never deployed. I was unable to stop the vehicle or control it. I could have been killed or killed someone else. I am very concerned. I have had the truck in the shop on several occasions with electrical issues, yet the dealership could not find anything or it was minor corrections. I have been very concerned with the electronics of this vehicle since I bought the truck in August 2015. The insurance company totaled the truck.

- Henderson, TX, USA

Oct 242015

Silverado 3500

On October 24, 2015 while following my wife home on hwy 182 between West pasco and richland my truck experience what felt like a tire blowout on the right rear wheel. I was traveling the speed limit at 70 mph. The road was level and flat with no debris on the road. I proceeded to change out my tire with the spare, thinking that the tire had a large bolt or nail in it. To my surprise, the tire was intact with no sign of damage. The factory rim had failed. Here are the facts of the situation: ¿2015 Chevrolet Silverado lt Z71 with 12,366 miles 'smooth highway surface on a clear day traveling straight at 70 mph with no debris on the road ¿not hauling or towing 'single occupant in vehicle ¿the tire is intact (not damaged at all) ¿no damage to the right front wheel or tire or any other part of the vehicle 'severe damage to the right rear rim ¿rim impacted the brake system hard enough to bend parts and cause leaking of brake fluid

- West Richland, WA, USA

Aug 232015

Silverado 3500

I was driving downhill for aproximately 30 minutes towing a boat. My family was in the truck total of five passangers. Suddenly I noticed a smell of something burning. I drove fro approximately five more minutes the I noticed the break pedal was going all the way in, therefore I pulled over on the side of the road. That is when I saw smoke coming out of the left front tire brakes.

- Norwalk , CA, USA

Jun 162015

Silverado 3500

A warning message comes on the dash telling the driver there is a issue with the trailer brakes, or wiring system. The trailer brakes become inoperable when this comes on. We have contacted GM with the issue, both at the dealer level and at the corporate level; and they insist it is a problem with our trailers. The same trailers are used with older Chevrolet trucks without incident. We have also been informed by GM that the 2015 Silverado 2500's are equipped with a more sensitive trailering system. When the connection becomes wet during inclement weather, or the truck hits a bump; and the connector loses contact momentarily the message will illuminate. Resulting in the loss of trailer brakes. This is a serious safety issue.

Feb 252015

Feb 272015

Oct 032014

Silverado 3500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. While driving 25 mph, the steering wheel shook violently and the brake pedal vibrated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,000.

- Longmeadow, MA, USA