8.3

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500:

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Owner Comments

Sep 282015

Silverado 3500

Bought this vehicle new from dealer in Sept 2015 with the dealer installed flatbed already on it, on their dealership lot. Fuel mileage was poor from the first, "engine light on" from the first; transmission dragging from the first day we bought it. Service advisors and the salesman said drive it and it will clear out. It got worse. The dealership finally sent it to the company who installed the flatbed for them, and they said there was an electrical short in the fuel pump which they replaced. The automatic transmission did not shift smoothly when we got it back, and the dealership said "it performs as designed". but, this is an automatic 6 speed Chevrolet transmission in a 2015 Chevrolet 3500 Silverado with a 6.0 gasoline engine. The transmission drags from 5th gear and then drags in 6th gear. I have to let off the gas pedal for the transmission to shift. If I let it drag out, it uses fuel and sounds like I am stuck in gear. We have taken it to 3 different Chevrolet dealerships, and they say something is wrong but we can't take it apart to fix it. The service manager said for me to drive it until the transmission "blows up because it is under warranty". I took it to a reliable transmission shop, but they won't touch it because it is under warranty, but they said that there is something wrong that it does not shift smoothly into all 6 gears. It only has 3600 miles. We have to drive it once a week to keep the battery charged. I don't pull or haul anything with it. This is happening both in city driving and highway driving.

- Venus, TX, USA

Nov 272015

Silverado 3500

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado hd. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle would jolt forward when braking. The fuel level was 3/4 full during the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was acknowledged as a technical service bulletin and diagnosed that the function was normal. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,000.

- Bluffton, SC, USA

Jan 222016

Silverado 3500

Fuel leaking from engine. With 9595 miles on the engine the truck leaks fuel from the engine like crazy. Vehicle is 6 months old. Can't get Chevy to pickup the rig because they say I need to call the fire department - the fire department tells me there is nothing they can do - been battling with Chevy all day on this. Its a safety hazard cabin smells like the inside of a gas tank - I don't feel save driving it anywhere.

- Portland, OR, USA