- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 7 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 26 days ago
- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 31 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 34 days ago
- July 18: Chevy Cruze Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Cars Are Illegal news | 37 days ago
Sway Bar Link Rattle
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 45,335 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace sway bar link (4 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)