- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 33 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 38 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 39 days ago
- December 11: GM Recalls Chevy Tahoe Police SUVs at Risk of Fires recalls | 42 days ago
- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 54 days ago
Sway Bar Link Rattle
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 45,335 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace sway bar link (4 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)