- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 2 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 5 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 8 days ago
- May 15: Chevy Camaro Owners File Lawsuit Over 'Service Airbag' Lights news | 9 days ago
- May 15: GM Recalls 317,000 Vehicles With Radio and Chime Problems recalls | 9 days ago
Sway Bar Link Rattle
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 42,543 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace sway bar link (3 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)