2013 Chevrolet Sonic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Sonic:

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 082013

Sonic

I had this car as a rental. While doing something with the radio, I somehow hit the key in the ignition. The key then turned to the left causing the engine to turn off. In the span of a day. I did this 3 times. Once was while making a wide turn onto a freeway. Luckily, no one was behind me when I had to suddenly stop to restart the car.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 272013

Sonic

The A/C does not work good while the car is at idle. When driving the car the A/C will begin to cool. When driving on the highway and I have to break it starts to blow warmer air. When stopped at a red light, stop sign, the A/C will stop cooling and blows warm air out of the vents. I went to the dealership and do not know how to fix the problem. Told me that the mechanic/technician could not find anything wrong. The dealership is no help and I just want my 17000 car ac to work normal/ right. 2013 Chevy Sonic 2lt model with a 6 speed auto transmission. Please help thanks!

- Bay Harbor Islands, FL, USA

Jan 162013

Sonic 4-cyl

I have found the switch blade key used by many Chevrolet products has a tendency to operate when the key is put in your pants pocket. On many occasions I have locked or unlocked the doors or released the trunk latch simply by sitting down or walking down the steps.this is a minor problem until you realize there is an auto start feature on this key and I worry that I could accidentally start the car by sitting in my lazyboy with the key in my pocket. The results could be death due to carbon monoxide with the garage being under the bedrooms.the buttons are not recessed and are easily activated by rubbing on your leg. I have had a similar key fob from Ford for many years and have never had any problem like this.

- Olathe, KS, USA