2014 Chevrolet Sonic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic:

2014 Chevrolet Sonic Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Car cuts out, grinding noise from engine. Had ignition coil replaced but still doing the same thing. Looses power going up steep hill. Only had car about seven months. Only has sixteen thousand miles on it. Sometimes while I am driving car just looses power and almost got hit in the back. I feel one of these days someone will hit me. Took it back to dealership and they say nothing is wrong but the problem is getting worse. The car does have warranty on it.

- Peoria, IL, USA

Jul 032014

Sonic 4-cyl

Im only getting about 14 to 16 mpg on my car.I went to the dealer and I was told that it was normal.I said that its impossible to get such low mpg when the paperwork says that I should get 25/35.know I spoke to the service manager and he said that its normal to get 14 to 16 mpg.I told him you telling my 2005 Altima 3.5 gets better gas mileage a Dodge durango gets better gas mileage?? well the service department cant seem to find the problem.they recalibrated everything and its even worse.I spend 300 in gas a month which is unheard of..please help...

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

May 312014

Sonic 4-cyl

This vehicle is getting between 19-21 mpg at the most, including highway, which is extremely low compared to other similar Sonic vehicle models and the estimated 25/35 mpg for this vehicle.I am wondering if it is leaking fuel. I have never owned a Chevy requiring this much gas. I am concerned that it might be affected by the fuel recall but my VIN is not included. GM and the local dealership have disregarded my concerns, telling me my vehicle is operating normally. I would like my vehicle inspected for safety.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 042014

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic. The contact stated while starting the ignition, a strong odor of fuel emitted inside of the vehicle. In addition, the entire fuel leaked out of the fuel tank onto the ground. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 13V464000 (fuel system, gasoline). However, the VIN was not included. The vehicle was currently being diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 3,080.

- Tombstone, AZ, USA

Jul 042014

Sonic 4-cyl

Gas started leaking from bottom of gas tank.

- Tombstone, AZ, USA