2014 Chevrolet Sonic steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic:

2014 Chevrolet Sonic Owner Comments

Aug 242015

Sonic

It started earlier when I went into the store. Before I could make it back to the car to turn the car on or even unlock the doors with my keys the car was playing music and the lights where flashing on and off. I actually knew what to do because this has happened before and the car returned back to normal. Late on today I parked my car turned the wheels towards the sidewalk because the car was on a hill going downwards. I got out the car locked all of the doors went into the community center where I remained for about an 1hr came out unlocked the car doors get in the car where the radio automatically come on the lights in the car started flashing on and off. That's was pretty weird I put the car in the ignition and the key would not turn nor would the steering column move. I couldn't even turn the wheel I called the dealership and the customer service telephone number for Chevy and I was advised that they needed to tow my car to the closest dealership

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Dec 062014

Sonic

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic. While driving 20 mph, the steering wheel seized. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the alternator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. However, the failure recurred and the vehicle was taken multiple times to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. Three months later, while driving at 20 mph, the steering wheel seized and the brake pedal was depressed. As a result, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained back injuries, but did not require medical attention. The rear driver side passenger did not sustain any injuries, but required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 200.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Mar 192014

Sonic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic. While driving at low speeds in inclement weather, the brake pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to stop. The contact was able to avoid a crash. In addition, the while veering to the right, the vehicle unintentionally veered to the left without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 300. Updated 03/24/15 updated 12/09/15.

- Syracuse, NY, USA