5.7

2013 Chevrolet Spark electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Spark:

2013 Chevrolet Spark Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 092016

Spark

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The contact stated that a warning error message (code 95) displayed across the message board. The vehicle was taken to the dealer were it was diagnosed that the control module for the air bag system failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 59,441.

- Utica, MI, USA

Aug 232016

Spark

I took my Chevy Spark to the Chevy dealership for the safety recall to the radio. Dealer completed recall and the next day my radio having issues. The buttons on the radio were not responding to touch. The dealer stated they didn't see any issues. Approx 1 month later, I took my car back to dealer and they stated that it was a hardware issue. The manager at dealer stated that they dont have any tests to determine what hardware issue the radio was having but stated it wasnt related to safety recall. The manager also advised that GM would not pay for a new radio and that I would be responsible to replace it. I used a 3rd party extended warranty to pay for repairs and filed complaint with GM risk management. The manager for the customer service team spoke with local dealer and stated that the dealer confirmed that it was a hardware issue and not related to recall. Both GM and local dealer unable to provide me with any documents supporting their conclusion. GM also stated that recall was not a saftey recall and that recall was done for simple software issues. Dealer also advised that they used a foreign object (usb) to complete software update. No issues with radio before recall work. GM wont reimburse me for $100 deductible that was paid directly by me. Extended warranty paid for remainder of radio replacement. GM stated they wont reimburse because car is past bumper to bumper warranty

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 222016

Spark

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. While the vehicle was being repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 16V422000 (electrical system), it was discovered that the computer needed to be reprogrammed. While recieving the recall repair, the vehicle's computer failed due to the work being performed. The manufacturer was notifed of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- West Kill, NY, USA

Mar 122016

Spark

I was going South on I95 doing 70 miles an hour engine light flashed off and on traction control light on car lost speed and will not shift high rp not speed. Was almost in a very bad accident.

- Stockton Springs, ME, USA

Aug 212015

Spark

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. While in park, the vehicle independently started. The contact had to place the key in the ignition and turn the key to the off position to turn the vehicle off. All the interior lights illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 32,800. MA 10/19/2015

- Rome, NY, USA

Jun 102015

Spark

I will shut my car off and get out and my radio will turn itself on while the car is off. So when I go to leave for work my battery will be dead. I've tried to turn the radio off before getting out and it will still turn on. I called Chevy and they want to charge me over $90 just to "see what is wrong with it." The car is 2013 and only has 45000 miles on it. It should not be having problems like this. So not impressed.

- Kalamazoo , MI, USA

Aug 232013

Spark 4-cyl

Car stalls will put the pedal to the metal and will not advance. It will start to move slow after a while not reaching full speed. Transmission gear display will be blank in dash console. Car moves at a very high RPM reading. Transmission will kick if set on neutral and then shif to drive. This has happen twice in the short amount of time that we owe the car. The problem is that we have taken the car twice to the dealer but is working fine at such time so they can not detect the problem. First time it happen my wife was at a stop light and when it happen to me I had just started the car. This is a very serious and hazardous situation.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Nov 012013

Spark

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The contact stated that there was a loud noise coming from the engine. The vehicle was slow to start and hesitated upon changing gears. In addition, the contact stated that the ventilation controls failed to activate the heating and air conditioning system. The vehicle was taken to a dealer over five times and the failures were unable to be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 4,000.

- Morse, LA, USA

Sep 052014

Spark 4-cyl

I was pulled over by a police officer and issued a fix it ticket because according to the officer neither of my rear brake lights were working. I might add that the officer followed me for several blocks and saw me stop at least 4 times before pulling me over.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jul 312014

Spark 4-cyl

My daughter & niece stopped at a convenience store, locked the car, came back out and car wouldn't start. Called onstar and vehicle had to be towed to a dealership. A module failed that locked out the engine as it would if vehicle was stolen. Dealer got the module quickly, but couldn't get the keys to reprogram. This happened 60 miles away, I have gotten a loaner from the dealership, but my daughter couldn't as she's 20 years old. I purchased the vehicle so I had safe, dependable transportation for my daughter. What if this had happened hundreds of miles away! dealer said they had no record of this happening on any type GM vehicle in the past. It's six days and counting, still no car.

- Northfield, NJ, USA

Dec 172013

Spark 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The contact stated while driving approximately 50 mph, the transmission failed to shift gears properly. Additionally, the speedometer reading fluctuated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The radio stayed on after the vehicle was turned off and the door was opened. The approximate failure mileage was 14,000.

- Whitebille, NC, USA

Apr 162014

Spark

Chevrolet Spark would no shift out of 1st gear when acelerating on to freeway. The cause is due to defective transmission range sensor dtc error code P0705. Known service bulletin (#pip-5101). This is the 3rd time this has occurred. Extreme life threating problem when a vehicle is merging the freeway and will not acelerate to the speed of freeway traffic!!!!!!!! Chevrolet dealer has not resolved the issue.

- Flint, MI, USA

Nov 222013

Spark

On multiple occasions I have driven my car and parked it. When I have returned to the car it will not start. On star diagnostics tells me there is a problem with the transmission, engine and anti brake system and that I am to get it to the dealer/repair immediately. I have had to wait several hours before I can get it started again. I have been in situations where I am in an areas without phone or cell reception to call for help. It has been to the dealer repair shop 4 times and they are unable to correct the problem. They say until they can replicate the problem - they cannot fix it. Finally with this last (4th) visit they were able to replicate the problem twice. But I was informed they have no idea where the problem is coming from and they have no solution at this time. They will return the car to me after 9 days as is with no fix. I am afraid to drive across Colorado for fear I will be stranded.

- Edwards, CO, USA

Jul 052013

Spark

The air conditioning system does not work. I've had it to the dealers 6 times since July. It does not blow cold air. The compressor has been replaced; the expansion valve has been replaced; the system was drained and recharged. Nothing has fixed the problem.

- Hopatcong, NJ, USA

Jun 302012

Spark

We have a 2013 Spark. The A/C does not work while the car is at idle or at lower speeds. When driving the car the A/C will begin to cool once you hit about 40 mph. Then when stopped at a red light, stop sign, or drive at speeds lower than the 40 mph, the A/C will stop cooling and blows warm air out of the vents. The dealership has troubleshot once when we had our first oil change in June. They sold us a new cabin filter they said may be blocked by dirt and suggested that there was also a service due at 15,000 miles that might alleviate the problem. We purchased the service suggested, but it did not help. We stopped into the service dept again and they do not know how to fix the problem. They told us that the engineers at GM are still working on a repair for this issue. It is now September and no resolution has been found. The dealership has no new information.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA

Apr 182013

Spark 4-cyl

When pulling out from side street, parking lot, drive way, ect. At normal speed. If there is any kind of bump, or rough road the car will loose power for about 5 seconds and the traction control light will come on. I have almost got run over 4 times now. Had in service dept. At dealer 2 time and they say could not duplicate. This is going to get someone killed. Dealer and GM are no help and just say it is a lite car so that's the way it is. Car is a 2013 Chevy Spark 2lt / 4 speed auto transmission.

- Inverness, FL, USA

May 072013

Spark 4-cyl

The A/C dose not work while the car is at idle. When driving the car the A/C will begin to cool. When stopped at a red light, stop sign, the A/C will stop cooling and blows warm air out of the vents. The dealership has troubleshoot 2 times and do not know how to fix the problem. Told me that the engineers at GM are working on a repair for this issue. It is now the middle of August and no resolution has been found. The dealership is no help and has no new information and GM customer service is no help either. My car is 2013 Spark. It is the 2lt model with a 4 speed auto transmission.

- Inverness, FL, USA

Jun 202013

Spark 4-cyl

In June of 2013, my A/C stopped working on my 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The car was taken in for warranty service three times. The expansion valve and compressor were replaced and the A/C was partly restored. The A/C will not work while the car is at idle. When driving the car, the A/C will begin to cool the interior and seems to be fine. When stopped at a red light, stop sign, or in my drive way, the A/C will stop cooling and blows warm air out of the vents. A fourth warranty service call was opened for this problem in early July. The dealership has troubleshoot the A/C issue and do not know how to fix the problem. The dealership has given me a case number from General Motors llc and told me that the engineers at GM are working on a repair for this issue (pic5858A: Insufficient A/C performance at idle - Jun 13, 2013). It is now August of 2013 and no resolution has been found. The dealership has no new information and GM customer service is no help either. My car was manufactured on 08/2012. It is the ls model with a 5-speed transmission.

- Brighton, TN, USA

Jul 152013

Spark

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The contact stated that while at a stop light, the air conditioning unit failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated the air conditioning unit needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Miles City , MT, USA

Apr 242013

Spark 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The contact stated that the air conditioning failed. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and was told that the RPM's had to stay above 2200 in order for the air conditioning unit to work properly. The dealer stated that the manufacturer did not have a fix for the problem. The failure mileage was 3,500 and the current mileage was 5,600.

- Miles City, MT, USA