4.4

2013 Chevrolet Spark fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Spark:

2013 Chevrolet Spark Owner Comments

Oct 092015

Spark

Takata recall: I purchased this vehicle Oct 9 2015 with 56K miles on it. From the day I purchased it up to today I have been hearing a humming/buzzing/whistling noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. I had it checked out by a repair shop and was told it was a faulty fuel pump with an estimated cost of $500. The noise can be heard only when the car is on and running and it can be heard inside and outside of the vehicle when stopped or moving. It can be heard from inside and outside the vehicle and has only got worse since the day I purchased it. I am a part time uber driver and I own a mobile cell phone repair business and I am in my running vehicle up to 15 hrs/day. I have researched this issue and there are many threds and blogs online with customers complaining of the same issue. I do not feel I should be responsible for this repair charges has the vehicle was making this noise soon after the purchase and I was not notified. This noise has started to affect me mentally as there is nothing I can do to drown it out. I is also starting to affect the performance of the vehicle. Please help. "takata recall" also, since the purchase of this vehicle I have noticed the ac does not blow cold air when sitting at an idle. I live in Arizona and temperatures can reach 120 degrees. As I mentioned I am in my vehicle up to 15 hrs/day and many of those hours are spent sitting idling while I repair my customers cell phones. When I am sitting in 120 degree heat with barely cool air blowing on me it makes it about 90 degrees in my vehicle which can cause health issues and worst case scenario death. I am at the verge of selling this vehicle, obtaining a lawyer, and filing a complaint or law suit, especially if my health is being affected. Please help.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jan 052016

Spark

While driving on the freeway my car suddenly lost all acceleration power. It ran 5K rpms to go 55 mph and the traction control light was on and the engine malfunction light was blinking. This has been an ongoing problem for a week and the dealership cannot figure out how to fix it. Sometimes the lights stay on and sometimes they go off even though I continue to have loss of acceleration and ridiculously high rpms to travel 35-55mph.

- Troy, MI, USA

Jan 122015

Spark

Started car, drove to work at varying speeds. Engine revved high during entire 30 minute drive. Parked, engine off for 8 hours. When I came out to go home, car was running fine. I haven't had another episode since.

- Broadview Heights, OH, USA

Sep 072014

Spark 4-cyl

I get this loud annoying high pitched ringing sound coming from back wheels. The sound is so loud at times that pedestrians can hear it as I am driving down the street. It does this after I have been driving the car for 30 minutes or more. Once the ringing sound starts it will not stop no matter what speed I'm going or whether I am sitting in idol, park or in any gear. Chevrolet dealership repair department doesn't know what it is but said it may be the fuel pump. What concerns me is that the dealership repair department will not at least check the fuel pump which would eliminate this as the potential problem. It definitely is not a functional sound and it may be dangerous to continue to drive the car when it is making this sound.

Aug 102014

Spark

Car has excessive gas consumption. It is presently getting only 24.9 miles to the gallon. Occasionally it will have a very strong sulfur odor coming from the exhaust pipe. I should be averaging about 34 miles per gallon with driving pattern which is a mix of city and highway mileage.

Aug 102014

Jan 022013

Spark 4-cyl

Vehicle while coasting in gear will accelerate on it`S own. Engine RPM increases approx 300 RPM.. happens 10- 15 times daily. I drive 120 miles one way to work. Car now has 7000 miles. Purchased in Dec 2012. Kinda scary when it happens in traffic may cause an accident if not paying attention.. defect is documented by another owner at chevysparkforum.com under general powertrain discussions/ idle problems.

- Gresham, OR, USA