2013 Chevrolet Spark seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Spark:

2013 Chevrolet Spark Owner Comments

Mar 122016

The airbags are no longer functioning there is a computer issue I am told and Chevrolet nor the dealership will accept this as ca default in their system so I have to drive an unsafe vehicle with no working airbags I bought this car for the 16 airbags it had well that is now use less

- Blue Ridge, GA, USA

Mar 132016

My airbag light warning came on I took to dealership and contacted GM I was told they will not replace the computer module that is defected and controls the airbags at this point I was told the repair is $721.50 which I will have to pay if I want working airbags so basically I am driving an unsafe car I believe they should replace this module the safety was thge reason I purchased in good faith I need help this car was manufactured by GM Korea

- Blue Ridge, GA, USA

Mar 302016

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. While driving approximately 25 mph, another vehicle drove through a traffic signal and crashed into the front of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy with the massive impact. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 49,607. The VIN was unavailable.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Jan 272016

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was constantly illuminated on the front passenger side. The contact stated that the hatchback lock fractured. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V298000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 28,500.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jun 182014

The code 95 comes on when both front seats are occupied. We went to dealership and they gave us an off the wall answer about using a jelly to put on the air bag connection to fix the issue but didn't do it.we have since took it back and now they want us to pay for a new air bag system because it is faulty. The vehicle has had no accidents or air bag problems before.this is a very big safety issue that is Chevy's problem not mine.according to blogs other Sparks and Cruze have same issue.

- Hurtsboro, AL, USA

Nov 102014

I was driving down the highway going approximately 55-60 mph and a SUV runs a stop sign and pulls out in front of me on the highway. I hit the SUV. The SUV flees the accident. My car catches on fire on impact and my airbags fail to deploy. It was a frontal impact and I was going about 55 mph at impact. My car was deemed totaled.

- Paradise, TX, USA

Oct 012013

Spark 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph enagaging the brakes, the vehicle suddenly accelerated causing the vehicle to crash into the side of another vehicle. Also, the contact indicated that during the crash the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The vehicle was examined by the insurance investigator who indicated that no defect was found with the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 22,000. Updated 09/11/14 updated 12/17/2014

- Orchard Park, NY, USA

Jun 022013

Air bag light lit, code 95 (airbag malfunction) light lit and service engine soon light lit on vehicle. Have taken vehicle back to dealership 5 times in the past 40 days and problem is still apparent. Chevrolet engineering has been involved for past 10 days and they are also unable to repair problem. Chevrolet cannot say if airbag system will work in the event of a crash.

- Calexico, CA, USA