2014 Chevrolet Spark engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Spark:

2014 Chevrolet Spark Owner Comments

May 262016

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Spark. The contact stated that the vehicle revved abnormally and accelerated even while the brake pedal was depressed. The failure occurred without warning. The contact stated that the vehicle operated normally until it was remedied per NHTSA campaign number: 16V422000(electrical system, equipment). The vehicle was returned to the dealer, but the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 24,000.

- American Canyon, CA, USA

May 312016

Hesitate upon acceleration

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 012016

This vechicle has been having problems with the braking system and speed. When I brake it's something coming up under my feet and then the traction light comes on, :slippery when it's wet light" on the panel. Now, I had taken it to bob bell twice and they keep saying they fixed it, but my car has been in the same conditioned. I want something done before I lose my life.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 202014

Spark 4-cyl

While driving on the highway I was attempting to accelerate the vehicle but it did not respond and I had to pull to the side and let other vehicles pass.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Dec 172014

Spark 4-cyl

When accelerating from a stop, making a left turn into cross traffic with plenty of time, the engine will not accelerate! even with the gas completely pressed it stalls for a good four seconds. I would have been involved in a major accident if it traffic did not slow down for my car to finally rev up, sounding like it's red lining just to get with the flow of traffic.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Dec 162013

Spark 4-cyl

A week after I got the car I was stopped at a red light and it just stopped. It has been doing this consistently for the last 6 months now. It doesn't matter if I am at a stop sign or a red light, but it is always after I have always started to drive the car and have come to a stop. The dealer can not find any code and has suggested I use a higher octane because sometimes when I put on the break it will accelerate and they think it is "starving itself". I have tried higher octane gas and it still turns itself off!! sometimes it won't restart right away which scares me because what if the computer turns itself off while I am driving and I have no control!!! I have found other people on the internet with similar problem with this car! there is a you-tube video of a Spark owner showing his car turning itself off!! I have a manual so it would be hard for me to video and drive at the same time!! also, the last time I took the car to the dealer they told me there was a recall for the air-conditioning unit and I would have to come back to have that fixed but I can not find this recall anywhere" do you know anything about this recall? the dealer said the unit was turning itself on" it seems scary to me that the computer on this vehicle turns itself off and now is turning on the air-conditioning unit on it's own!! this sounds more like a computer problem than an air conditioner unit problem!! any help would be greatly appreciated! I am very worried about driving this vehicle!

- Manitou Springs, CO, USA