2014 Chevrolet Spark seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Spark:

2014 Chevrolet Spark Owner Comments

Jul 142016

Spark

The code 95 appeared out of nowhere and will not clear. No there is no cruise control and all the buttons on the steering wheel do not work not even the light this car we bought a year ago have had multiple recalls and problems with including something major in the engine to the point it could not be driven safely.

- Terrie Haute, IN, USA

Sep 032016

Spark

A deer ran out in front of me on I29 - I was going about 65mph straight on the interstate and not one of my air bags worked- nothing deployed. After the accident a code 95 was displayed on the dash. I was lucky I always wear my seat-belt as I could have died.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jun 032016

Spark

The contact owned a 2014 Chevrolet Spark. While driving 55 mph, the driver fell asleep due to fatigue and crashed into a mailbox and ditch. The driver and passenger air bags failed to deploy; however, the driver side curtain air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The driver sustained two fractured vertebrae, a fractured sternum, and multiple bruises and cuts to the head. Medical attention was required. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V298000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 19,400.

- Bargersville, IN, USA

Aug 152014

Spark

I was driving down the street at 45 mph. It was at night. As soon as I went through the first green light, I accelerated (pushed on the gas). When I came upon the second light, I took my foot off the accelerator to brake. All of a sudden the accelerator was not working properly. It would not slow down. I tried applying the brakes, but it seemed as if the car was out of control. I could not steer right or anything. I hit to curbs and knocked down to city signs. The air bags did not deploy. The fire department along with ems got me out of the car. The car was totaled.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Jun 292014

Spark

Side airbags deployed causing me to go into other lane and come to a stop. No collision or damages to side of car to make these deploy. Insurance adjuster and Chevrolet dealer do not know why these deployed on both sides of my car.

- Fox Lake , IL, USA