2016 Chevrolet Spark brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Spark:

2016 Chevrolet Spark Owner Comments

Jul 172016

Spark

On the way back to my san francisco home from the novato Chevrolet dealer where I had just purchased a new black 2016 Chevrolet Spark ev my brakes stopped functioning. Just coming off the golden gate bridge, on a significant downhill grade, my brakes stopped functioning properly. At first the brakes started to be harder to push and then with my foot to the floor, provided almost no stopping power. The stopping distance was dangerously long. Very dangerous! just over 2 miles.there was no way for me to stop the car immediately. Only minimally. With my foot to the floor, I was able to slow the car enough that 2 miles later, I was finally able to pull over and come to a stop. On the display panel, there were warning lights continuously on: - "service break assist" - "brake" warning light - "ABS" warning light - "tcs" warning light I was lucky to pull over with no (fatal) accident, and then waited almost 3 hours from dusk to night in the dark to have GM tow it back to the dealer, then get a cab, paying out of pocket to go home. The odometer read 37 miles.

- San Francisco, CA, USA