1999 Chevrolet Suburban cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Suburban:

1999 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

May 292007

Suburban 1500 5.7L V8

okay I bought a 99 Chevy suburban and recently realized that the dealer had used the wrong antifreeze in it so my dad and I flushed the radiator and put in the correct antifreeze. Two days later there was orange antifreeze all over my driveway. I took it to a shop and they told me that the intake valve gasket had a crack in it and needed to be replaced. Are they trying to screw me or is this the problem. I thought it was the water pump or the thermostat but they said neither of those where the problem but it was infact the gasket. BUT after doing some research that also just happens to be the most expensive part of the three to replace. HELP!

- , Brownsburg, IN, USA