7.3

2. replace intake manifold gasket (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Suburban engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Suburban:

1999 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Aug 092013

Suburban LTS 507

THE INTAKE MANIFOLD LEAKED COOLANT INTERNAL AND WHEN I WENT TO CHANGE OIL FOUND CRANCASE FILL WITH COOLANT. THERE ARE METAL FILLINGS IN OIL I THINK THE BEARINGS SPUN AS THE CAR WAS KNOCKING.

IF THIS IS THE CASE I WILL HAVE TO REPLACE MOTOR BECAUSE OF A LEAKING GASKET.

I THINK GM SHOULD STAND UP AND REPLACE MOTOR AS THIS SEEMS LIKE A CURRENT PROBLEM WITH SUBURBANS.

- , West Harrison, NY, USA

Jan 042011

Suburban 7.4L V8

I have not fixed it yet but believe it's intake gasket and not a head gasket. I hope to find out soon and will update accordingly. The truck has run hard as I use it for towing in the Colorado mountains. Other than this, no complaints.

- , Divide, CO, USA

Nov 062008

Suburban LS 5.7L V8

Okay so I took the old Suburban to the lube shop asked them to check the fluids and they told me I was low on coolant, every time I go in I am low, so I ask what is causing the fluid to disappear? Now I know.

- , Cheyenne, WY, USA