- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
1999 Chevrolet Suburban
Worst 1999 Suburban steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- intermittent loss of steering5
- power steering pump leaks around evo component1
- steering fluid overheats in hydro-assist system1
- the shaft in the pump broke1
- NHTSA: Steering25
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System13
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)5
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar4
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages3
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device2
- NHTSA: Steering: Electric Power Assist System2
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Pitman1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Pump1
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Suburban Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Suburban compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Suburban overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Suburban.