9.0

1. rebuild transmission (2 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Suburban transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Suburban:

1999 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Oct 222007

Suburban V6

I have a 99 suburban that was used by the RCMP to transport dogs. It had regular maintenance and upkeep and we thot we were getting a good deal. Now, just over a year later the tranny is dead despite having it serviced at a tranny pro last year and hearing that it was in great shape. I have had the fuel pump replaced 3 times now. The tranny problem came out of the blue, it was running fine and then all of a sudden just quit on me and is grinding away and won't go into reverse. The tranny feul is fine, not bubbly or burnt and is the right color The fuel pump is ok at the moment and I do keep it at never less than 1/4 tank of fuel.......what the heck is wrong with these trucks? Anyone wanna buy one for $6000?????

- , Aldergrove, BC, Canada

Sep 232007

Suburban

WELL I WAS FINANCING THIS DAMN CHEVY SUBURBAN FROM THE WORST AUTO CAR LOT IN THE WORLD, AS A MATTER OF FACT THE NAME OF THE CAR LOT IS AUTO WORLD!!! FIRST THE DAMN TRANSMISSION GAVE OUT ON ME AND MY KIDS IN ATLANTA GA. Considering I live in Savannah GA. Then the damn fuel pump gave out on me like 5 times. So finally I decided to give the truck back to the lemon seller and call it quits.

- , Savannah, GA, USA