1. replace pins, boots & pads (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Suburban brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Suburban:

2001 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Aug 202010

Suburban LT V8

The brakes on the 2001 Suburban are very spongy, they just do not feel correct. Since I cleaned and repaired said rear brakes I feel I have a better brake when I put my foot on the pedal.

Update from Oct 20, 2010: I have now driven my Suburban in all kinds of conditions and the brakes feel like brakes.

The spongy feel is gone and I am so confident I just put a brand new set of tires on the rear.

I will keep an eye on the rear pads so as not to repeat the issue of spongy brakes.

Road mess gets right up into the area where the bottom pins are working, this too will be monitored.

- , Lowville, NY, USA