2001 Chevrolet Suburban brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Suburban:

2001 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Aug 152005

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

Have a 2001 Suburban lt about 10 to 5 mph the ABS will start pumping the brakes coming to a complete stop or parking in a lot with the wheel turned. Happends alot. This all happening with no rain. When it's sunny and dry.

- Collegeville, PA, USA

Jun 062005

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

I have 2 2001 Chevy with ABS problems. Suburban and Silverado pickup. When coming to a slow stop, the brakes will release like one ice, but one dry pavement

- Grayling, MI, USA

Jan 042004

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

On 1/4/04, we were traveling down I95 in Florida. As we approached an overpass, the traffic had come to a stop. I applied the brakes and truck slowed down, but when it reached around 10 mph, the truck kept going. I had both feet on the brake and the truck wouldn't stop. I hit the car in front of me (2 adults, 3 children) who in turn hit the car in front of them (2 adults). No one was injured. When we got home, I went to change the brakes and noticed the rotors were flaking and disintegrating.

- Fair Haven, NJ, USA