2.0

2002 Chevrolet Suburban brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Suburban:

2002 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jul 152011

Suburban

I own a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban which when braking at low speeds the pedal drops near the floor and the ABS causes it to kick back and pulsate this happens on an intermittent basis causing greatly increased stopping distances. These symptoms are consistent with a recall where they sprayed anti corrosion stuff on an ABS speed sensor as a fix. This recall was performed on my vehicle 3 years ago at 40K miles now I am experiencing the same problem again @ 78K miles and GM says they are not obligated to perform it again or come up with a more permanent fix.

- Center City, MN, USA