2002 Chevrolet Suburban wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Suburban:

2002 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Feb 102012

Michelin tires size 265/70/15 are cracking on the side wall area also tread is coming off tires, I did purchased the tires from costco five years ago, but the tires have less than forty thousand miles on them, costco refused to rotate or work on them, the tires original warranty was for sixty five thousand I don't think the tires are safe to drive any more.

- Pittsburg Ca, CA, USA

Jun 262010

The contact owns a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban 2500. The vehicle has Firestone steel tex A/T tires, line size LT245/75R16. The contact stated the tires were exhibiting separation from the chords. In addition, the front passenger's tire was dry rotted. The contact stated the tread separated and damaged the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage of the tires was 500. The vehicle failure and current mileages were 91,418.

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Nov 062006

Suburban 8-cyl

Good year tire failure. Bubbling occurring on interior side walls. Cupping also occurring. I have had 9 good year tires in four years on my 2002 Chevrolet Suburban.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Jul 042005

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

I purchase a 2002 Chevy Suburban on 7/2/05 in Delaware county from a dealership. We drove the car to our house in montgomery county and the car didn't move from the house until 7/4/05. On 7/4/05 my fiance drove the car to work and the tire exploded from the left front of the car on the way. The car hit the barrier on the right side and bounced off and then proceeded to hit the left side barrier were it came to a stop. The tire was not recoverable. Also the air bag never deployed. The accident happen going North on 309 in bucks county on a straight uphill gradient. The conditions of the road and weather were dry. There is a police report on the incident stating accident happen due to tire failure. According to the inspection sticker the tire was removed and inspected by the dealership. We have been trying to get this settled with the dealership for the past year, since we only had the car for a little more then a day. There response was and still is that there is nothing they can do to help. The estimate we received from the body shop was for $22,000 therefore the car was totaled and is currently sitting in my driveway. The tire was a Goodyear Wrangler P265/70R17.

- Lansdale, PA, USA

Nov 292003

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

The right front tire keeps losing air pressure. Vehicle has been to the dealer on three separate occasions. Dealer replaced the right front tire twice, and replaced the air pressure three times. But, problem recurred. The right wheel frame squeakes when turning at 10 mph. Rotors and pads and shoes and wheel bearings cracked.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Oct 012004

On Friday Oct 1st. Heading out of town the drivers rear tire blew out -the truck is a 2002 Suburban with wilderness le tires. The side-wall blew apart. Fortunatelyi was able to keep the truck under control and pull over. Took it to Chevrolet dealer they said they couldn't do anything. Firestone said they would pro-rate the tire- never really looking or recording the defective tire. GM is now looking into this and is supposed to get back to me. Since then I purchase 4 new tires (Goodyear). Firestone has had recall on wilderness in 2001. The tires were 2001. On this truck. We did keep the tire that is defective.

- St Francie, WI, USA

Sep 142004

While driving, the right rear tire exploded.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Mar 162004

Suburban 4WD

While driving home from work, my rear passenger Firestone wilderness le tire blew out on my 2002 Chevrolet Suburban. The entire side that identifies the make of the tire blew out. The blowout area travels in a perfect circle around the manufacturer identified area. The tread is still in great condition. I was not traveling fast on March 16, 2004, if I was this could have caused a very bad accident or even fatality. I travel with this vehicle to Florida twice a year at speeds of up to 80 mph. I am very concerned about the spare and remaining three tires. Please let me know if there have been any other reported cases regarding this make of tire. Also, is there contact information to contact Firestone tire?

- Sewickley, PA, USA

Jun 292003

Consumer states that the drivers side rear tire blew out.

- Hollidaysburg, PA, USA

Jun 042003

Two front tires wore out prematurely and the dealer refused to perform an alignment the tires had become scolded on the inside at 20K miles.

- Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA

Sep 102002

While driving on highway, experienced severe vibration X 3 times. Tires have been computer balanced last Thursday and I took Suburban in for a check today after severe front end vibration while driving on highway at 70mph. I could not reproduce the vibration with the service forman in the car. The front end vibration has stopped now without any further adjustment from service department. I thought you would want to know about this situation since it is a Firestone tire that had previously been recalled last year. My tires do not have the recalled serial numbers on it. I am very pleased with terry cullen cheverolet service. But concerned about the vibration if it returns again. Could this be a normal process for these tires?

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

May 132002

Blowout when sidewall separated from tire body; tire rim and front end damaged.

- Lancaster, CA, USA