4.0

2003 Chevrolet Suburban miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Suburban:

2003 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Oct 102006

Suburban

Coating of radio buttons is peeling or coming off.

- Waycross, GA, USA

Aug 182006

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

While driving the vehicle I noticed the air conditioning compressor was audible while running. I am not the primary driver, so I wrote the noise off as normal. A few days later home my wife started the vehicle and turned the air conditioning on and smelled something burning. The compressor had seized up and the clutch was burning up. I took the vehicle to my mechanic who diagnosed it as needing a new compressor, dryer-receiver, orifice filter, and a recharge and I should be all set. Not the case, the entire system was filled with metallic particles and immediately plugged the filter. Now, I was faced with replacing most of the major components within the system to the tune of nearly $1000. The mechanic took pity on me and extended me a discount, but the price should have been several hundred dollars higher. The vehicle had 61,000 miles on it at the time of failure. I have had countless vehicles with A/C and never heard of this, until it happened and I began to ask questions and found this is not uncommon amongst GM air conditioning.

- Holland , NY, USA