2004 Chevrolet Suburban electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Suburban:

2004 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Apr 012015

Suburban LT 5.3L V8

After shutting the car off it will not restart until it gets damn good and ready to. Normally about 15 minutes later. The starter has been replaced along with the starter relay. Good battery voltage.

When key is turned on all gauges work along with all accessories. No "click" when switching to start position to indicate starter solenoid has engaged

I'm guessing there is a "security issue" but have no idea what triggers it.

- , Maitland, FL, USA

Mar 072014

Suburban Z-71 5.3L

For years, every once and a while the fuel gauge would stop working while driving. Shut the engine off, and the next time you start it works. Then the whole gauge cluster would blink on and off once and a while. Yesterday it didn't come on until I drove about 20 miles. Now today the cluster wouldn't work at all till I stopped at a repair garage. Then every thing worked again. It only worked while at the garage. It's not working at all right now. Last year was a transmission and the Famous transfer case leak which together was over $4,000.00 dollars plus Air conditioning problems, alternator, Battery, head lights. Had to buy an after market case since GM doesn't sell them. I love suburban's, But this electrical stuff has me annoyed. This car has cost me more to own than any other car I've ever owned .From what I'm reading, I'm stuck buying a new cluster at 500 to 800 dollars or more. We only have 1 Chevy dealer and most folks avoid using them because they are overly expensive. Not sure where to go from here. No recall to my knowledge. I have to much Invested to trade or sell it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

- , Williamsport, PA, USA

Jul 062013

Suburban LT

The needles on my dash for the Temperature goes well past 210 as though its hot. I had the temperature gauge changed and it's still doing that. My mechanic says it's something with the electrical system. Now the gauge needle on the dash is doing the same thing.

Does anyone else have this problem?

- , Erath, LA, USA

Feb 012012

Suburban 5.3L

Hazard lights flash when using turn signals, Left or Right but doesn't do it every time??? Whats up with this???? I don't have the money for an electrical diagnosis, just hoping not to get pulled over for it.

- , Brick, NJ, USA

Apr 052005

Suburban LS V8

So my wife and I started to notice that when we get out of 04 Suburban, we might have had the FM Radio on, when we get in to start it up, the CD player would play! We both have also experienced problems this same problem with the AC, Vent and Heater settings changing randomly. We reported this several times to our Local Chevy dealer and they could find no problems. They have changed out some electronic components under warranty, but this still does not fix the problem.

- , Lodi, CA, USA