2004 Chevrolet Suburban engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Suburban:

2004 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Aug 072005

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

There is a "lack of power" with my 2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500. My previous 1999 Chevy Tahoe towed my boat and trailer easily my new Suburban with 40 more horsepower has a very difficult time towing the trailer. It is very difficult to maintain highway speeds without the transmission constantly shifting in and out of lower gears. It doesn't seem to matter if I am in tow mode or not. With 40 more hp. Than the other vehicle and the same amount of torque this should be easy for this truck. More importantly there is a great lack of acceleration when you depress the pedal. I guess you would call it a big lag. I am told this is called "torque management." Well torque management almost got my family killed the other day! when pulling into traffic a car came over the hill rather quickly I stepped on the gas.....and nothing happened it was like I was dragging an anchor. The dealer says that is the way they are designed and computer controlled and there is nothing that can be done about it.

- Raynham, MA, USA