2006 Chevrolet Suburban engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Suburban:

2006 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Feb 202010

Last Saturday, February 20, 2010, as I accelerated from a ramp to join traffic on the capital beltway outside Washington DC, the car's gas pedal got stuck and did not retract when I got my foot off the accelerator. By now I was in the middle lanes and was only able to maintain the speed of the vehicle by depressing the brake pedal which thankfully was still operational. The gas pedal got unstuck on its own after a short while and I proceeded on my trip without incident. My wife told me she has had two almost similar experiences with this vehicle, in 2007 and 2008. Both times the car kept moving even after she took her foot off the gas pedal. At the time she thought she had accidentally engaged the cruise control, which she normally never uses. Both times the problem disappeared after a little while.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA