1. tighten skid plate (1 reports)
2006 Chevrolet Suburban steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Suburban:

2006 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Oct 202012

Suburban 1500 5.3L V8

If you have a clunking noise while turning the steering wheel & if its hard to duplicate, I have the fix. After replacing the CV axles & some steering bushing, searching the internet & trying some linkage fixes, I took it into a shop to have them look at it. They said that my steering linkage was fine. Today, I laid under my suburban while my son turned the steering wheel back & forth. I narrowed the noise/vibration down to the aluminum skid plate under the engine & transmission. After tightening the lose bolts up, the noise was gone!! It was as simple as that!!

- , West Point, UT, USA