- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 6 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 10 days ago
- August 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 12 days ago
- July 30: GM Agrees to Settle Hundreds of Ignition Switch Cases news | 17 days ago
2007 Chevrolet Suburban
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
Worst 2007 Suburban Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems218NHTSA complaints: 41
- interior accessories problems49NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems21NHTSA complaints: 34
- transmission problems13NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems11NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 22
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 60
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 59
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 27
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 18
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Suburban Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Suburban compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Suburban overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Suburban.