- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2007 Chevrolet Suburban
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
Worst 2007 Suburban Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems181NHTSA complaints: 12
- interior accessories problems31NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems26NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems10NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems3
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- exhaust system problems1
- lights problems1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Suburban Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Suburban compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Suburban overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Suburban.