- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 12 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 15 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 16 days ago
- August 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 18 days ago
- July 30: GM Agrees to Settle Hundreds of Ignition Switch Cases news | 23 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
1.8hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 93,600 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: