CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.

The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.

2007 Chevrolet Suburban seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Suburban:

2007 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 012014

Suburban

Takata recall info received, but Chevy won't fix it. Another issue is cracked dashboard in several places. I am concerned with its integrity.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 072016

Suburban

"takata recall" GM tells me that I just have to drive my defective vehicle until they come up with a repair. I also have a cracked dashboard which I think has something to do with the airbag.not safe for my family of 5. I spent $60,000 for a potential death trap!!! suspension light on and dealership wont tell me what is wrong.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Oct 272016

Suburban

Ladies and gentlemen: I have contacted GM/Chevrolet and they are telling me this is not a valid recall any longer. Please let me know if need to call/contact someone else. Thank you, jeff slater jslaterbg87@hotmail.com 843-639-1517

- Belton, SC, USA

Oct 262016

Suburban

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The air bag warning indicator illuminated. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Jul 012016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Longwood, FL, USA

Jul 222016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Montrose, CO, USA

Oct 122016

Suburban

Was advised of recall on defective air bag inflator and when I called they said that since no one had been killed in a Chevrolet Suburban, that my car was safe to drive. When I noted that the other vehicles in which folks were injured or died were deamed safe to drive until they killed someone, the simply repeated the statement that my vehicle was safe to drive.

- Elizabethtown, KY, USA

May 272016

Suburban

It's been 4 months. Pats still not available.

- Cypess, TX, USA

Jul 052016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Feb 012007

Suburban

Takata recall Chevrolet dealer will not fix the problem which means our family is driving a killing machine because we cannot afford to lease or buy another vehicle. We would like to know what recourse we have?

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Jul 232016

Suburban

The dashboard around the airbag has cracked in multiple places. This is alarming as the integrity of the dash/ air bag is now at risk. Should theses airbags deploy I am afraid the plastic will hit myself or worse my wife and family.

- Kernersville, NC, USA

Sep 202015

Suburban

I noticed last year that my driver side dash had a crack between the windshield and the steering wheel and at first was shocked as I thought I was seeing things but infact it was cracked. I contacted my car detailer and asked if he noticed it and he told me he sees this in many Suburban's and escalades that he details and thought I was aware of it and would contact the dealership! I contacted the dealership that said it was not common and asked if I use a sun shade being that it's so hot in South Florida & I told them I always do and I have a 1996 Isuzu trooper and I don't have any cracks in my dash. The dealership said there was nothing they could do. I recently recieved a recall letter stating my vehicle had an airbag recall and when I went online to check the status I saw all these complaints about owners of Chevy Suburban's with dashboards cracking. I was on lunch break today and when I got in my truck I wanted to take a closer look at the airbag compartment and to my disbelief, the passanger side dash also had a crack in it now and in the exact same spot as all the other complaints just above the passanger side airbag compartment and same area on the drivers side. Being that both Suburban's & escalades are manufactured by GM, I now know there's a serious problem and GM needs to take responsibility for this defect for the amount of money these vehicles cost!!! ( $72,000 was what my Southern Comfort custom Suburban cost me.) so GM what are you going to do about these ongoing issues with cracking dasboards/airbags"?" this is just the begining of my fight on this problem that should not have happened. And I see I'm just one of many complaints with this problem.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Aug 112016

Suburban

Takata recall. I received a recall notice last week, months after it's issue. I have been told there is no remedy as yet. I feel that if this is not corrected soon, then a buyback is in order. How can we drive a vehicle that is dangerous?

- Aliquippa, PA, USA

Mar 182016

Suburban

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact stated that while parked, the air bags located on the both front doors deployed inadvertently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 119,000.

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA

Jun 032016

Suburban

Vehicle in motion, turning from a stop in the city when all side airbags deployed. Insurance determined it was not a collision. GM is investigating our claim.

- Duvall, WA, USA

Feb 102016

Suburban

Cracked dash above the instrument panel and at the top of the passenger airbag compartment. Front impact collision could cause pieces of dash to puncture airbag or injure passengers.

- Troy, MO, USA

Jun 012015

Suburban

Dashboard is cracked at passenger airbag and over steering wheel.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Mar 012016

Suburban

The dash has cracked in multiple places, notably around the passenger air bag. The larger dash panel was replaced by the dealer but has cracked again, twice. The smaller, forward dash panel is also now cracked. The dealer has refused assistance. All cracks occurred while stationary. This vehicle is garaged.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Dec 012013

Suburban

My dash started to crack about 2 months after I bought it. It started with a small crack near the airbag; but has now has expanded causing the airbag cover to lift. The dash is now cracked on both driver and the passenger side. I bought the vehicle 3 years ago and have spoke with the service department on numerous occasions in regards to fixing the problem as it seems to be progressing over the years; but each time I have been told that the manufacturer is only willing to cover a percentage.

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Feb 092016

Suburban

2 noticeable cracks on the dashboard, one on the passenger side near the corner of the airbag and the other in the driver side in front of the steering wheel

- Alisoviejo, CA, USA