2008 Chevrolet Suburban fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Suburban:

2008 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jan 172016

This started as I was driving down interstate at 65 mph. Suddenly my traction control light on dash came on along with blinking check engine light. Also read stabilitrak off and service traction control in readout below. Immediately my truck lost power and decelerated so I immediately pulled off road as to not get ran over by traffic. Read manual said to turn off and restart. Did this and all was good for another mile then happened again on and off for last 12 miles before I could get home. Upon taking it to dealership today they came back saying nothing about these codes but that there was a misfire code and oil low?? so now I have got an oil change and fuel system cleaning. Upon asking about the initial problem I was told to drive it to see if it happens again. This is a major issue with apparently the whole truck platform at GM. This problem is posted all over internet with cars even shutting off and brakes locking up and the big problem is no dealership knows how to fix it. Charge people a bunch of money to fix numerous things they know will not fix issue. This should be a major recall on 2007- at least 2010 from what I can see from data that is out there. I will be selling my truck after this because I do not feel safe driving my kids in it. I'm die hard Chevy guy who has a 2003 Suburban with 400000+ miles on it with very little issues in all these years. Please make GM fix this problem.

- Floyds Knobs, IN, USA

Feb 152015

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban. After the vehicle was started, the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel cap needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the evac system needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired again. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 113,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA