2.4

2008 Chevrolet Suburban miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Suburban:

2008 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 162016

Suburban

Dash cracked in multiple places, but especially around the airbag.

- Pace, FL, USA

Oct 012010

Suburban

The plastic jack wing nut that holds the jack stored securley in the interior wheel well twisted off the first time it was used. The jack was therefor unacessible for use. The lug wrench twisted apart when it was used to attempt to loosen the lug nuts. The metal in the lug wrench was very soft.

Jun 012009

Suburban

Interior paint on radio buttons, steering wheel began peeling off shortly after I bought the vehicle.

Jun 012009

Suburban

Door handles chrome plating peels off on interior door handles. I have cut my fingers multiple times opening the door.

Oct 012009

Suburban

Dashboard cracked in several places, concerned if airbags deploy, may send sharp plastic throughout cabin

Sep 152016

Suburban

My dash started cracking for no reason. I went out today to get in my vehicle and noticed a crack along my dash that wasn't their yesterday.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 012009

Suburban

Dashboard has major cracks around airbags and electrical components are exposed to the sun.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Jul 152016

Suburban

My dash has cracked and I believe that this may be a safety hazard if the airbags ever deploy. I did attempt to glue it.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Aug 162016

Suburban

"takata inflators" and dashboard cracks. I have multiple cracks in the dashboard of my 2008 Chevrolet Suburban which GM is fully aware of, and avoids the topic with every call placed with the Chevrolet customer assistance center. Now there is the potential for the airbag inflators to rupture along with fragmented dashboard parts in the event of a crash. The primary crack(s) are located right at the passenger airbag location. I cannot emphasize enough about the safety concerns I have and the lack of attention that GM has given regarding the cracks and now the airbags.

- Dameron, MD, USA

Jul 202015

Suburban

My 2008 Suburban about 1 year ago developed 2 cracks one on the driver side and one on the left side by the passenger airbag. My concern is if the airbag deploy's in an accident, my entire dash board will become small projectiles causing injury to myself or one of my kids. There are already class action suits on these and several thousand people who have complain. I'm asking for the NHTSA to force a recall before someone is killed over this. There is no reason to risks one's life because a mulita-billion dollar company who knows they have an issue won't take care of their customers. This is America, not some 3rd world country with no regulations so I ask you perform your duties and force a recall by GM. They have pretty much admitted there is an issue by offering customers to fix it for free up to $1000 what more do you need.

- Murfreesbro, TN, USA

Jan 012015

Suburban

Chevrolet dashboard cracking..... near passenger airbag and above instrument panel

- Plano, TX, USA

Feb 012015

Suburban

Began noticing large cracks on dashboard, which has caused the entire front instrument panel to shift. Panel now sags 1/4" lower on right side. Cracks are also surrounding airbag locations. Should airbags deploy, the plastic could be very dangerous (ie, shrapnel) also, electric lift-gate has failed twice, falling while I am underneath it. I was not injured. Vehicle was stationary in both instances of the cracks and the failed lift-gate.

- Foothill Ranch, CA, USA

Dec 202015

Suburban

Dash has been replaced in 2010 and is now cracked in several spots including area around the passenger airbag.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Apr 232016

Suburban

The passenger airbag on the upper left corner has a crack on the dashboard compartment. I noticed it this past weekend & it concerns me since it is where the airbag is. I researched this and found many other trucks by GM have the exact same problem... GM needs to recall these vehicles due to this problem where the airbag may be affected.

- Westlake, LA, USA

Dec 122015

Suburban

Dash board crack over passanger side of auto

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Jun 012015

Suburban

Dashboard is cracked at upper left corner of passenger side airbag location. Dashboard also cracked at top of instrument cluster. Airbag deployment may cause portions of dashboard to break free.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Feb 262016

Suburban

I'm am bringing up a safety concern in my vehicle pertaining to the airbags in the front of the vehicle. I own a 2008 Suburban and recently the dash board has cracked right near the passenger air bag. I have called the Chevrolet corporate to voice my concerns and I have been told the vehicle is out of warranty so there is nothing they can do. I am really concerned if my front passenger airbags ever deploys it will cause the dash board to become a projectile. I believe this is a huge safety concern and this is the second Chevrolet that I have owned that has the same problem in the same place. The first vehicle was a 07 Chevrolet Tahoe, which Chevrolet/GM fully repaired. I had to trade my 07 Tahoe because my family got bigger and got the Suburban now it has done the same thing. I am really concerned for the safety of my family and other family's who own a Chevrolet with this same problem.

- Lacey, WA, USA

Jan 012015

Suburban

The dashboard has a series of major cracks forward of the steering wheel and a number of cracks around the passenger front airbag. The dashboard seems extremely brittle and is now quite "flimsy" and vibrates and/or bounces up and down while driving. This has happened over time. We have not physically been in the vehicle when a crack formed or propagated. It appears that the dashboard would likely shatter upon impact thus throwing shrapnel throughout the vehicle.

- Lakeland, TN, USA

Feb 102010

Suburban

I have several cracks in my dashboard. I took my car to don ringler Chevrolet in temple, tx and they told me there was nothing they could do and that it was not recalled nor covered under warranty. My entire dash moves when you touch it and I'm afraid that either the airbags will go off while I'm driving or won't deploy if I am in a wreck. These cracks have increased in size over time. The small one is the newest crack that appeared over christmas. I first discovered the crack right above the steering wheel in February 2010. At the time, my car was only 1 1/2 years old. I special ordered my Suburban in the summer of 2008.

- Temple, TX, USA

Jun 152013

Suburban

The dashboard is cracked and broken at pass. Airbag and center of the dash, and is really broken above the console area.

- Bartlett, TN, USA