4.6

2009 Chevrolet Suburban brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Suburban:

2009 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Jan 182012

Suburban

While driving down the road the stabilitrak light comes on, and the car shuts off. Very dangerous! glad we weren't on the highway.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Nov 182011

Suburban

As we were driving on major highway our stabilitrak light came on and the engine cut out, we had no power. We waited for 30 minutes and started engine, it ran fine. This has happened a total of 5 times now. I would like to have this problem solved and just to have it assessed at our local dealer it will cost $120. We cannot afford that. Please help !!!

- Seaside, CA, USA

Dec 022009

Suburban 4WD 8-cyl

I was driving on the highway with no ice or adverse weather conditions. While driving my 2009 Chevrolet Suburban, the computer flashed the stabilitrak is disabled and the engine is powering down. I was driving 75 miles per hour in rush hour traffic and all the cars around me had to slam on their brakes and go up on to the median to avoid me. My engine seized up and the car was motionless. This is highly dangerous and I could have been killed.

- Castle Rock, CO, USA

Jan 292010

Suburban

We purchased a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. Three weeks after the purchase and after three other major repairs, I was traveling on the interstate in Ohio when the dash flashed a message informing me to service the stabilitrac. I had on star run an engine diagnostic and they informed that the stability control was no longer operational and to have it serviced in the next seven days. We did so and the dealership replaced the steering angle sensor. A week later, I was traveling the same interstate and going to the same location. The service stabilitrac message comes across the instrument panel. Once again, I had on star run a diagnostic. This time, they advise me that the ABS is currently not functional and it may effect my ability to stop in short distances. Needless to say, the vehicle is now sitting at the dealership from which we purchased it. In fact, we are going through concessions with GM in order for them to buy it back.

- Delaware, OH, USA