2.9

2009 Chevrolet Suburban miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Suburban:

2009 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Sep 242016

Suburban

I backed into another vehicle and my dash cracked and spread across the front

- Molena, GA, USA

Jun 122015

Suburban

Dash has recently cracked around air bag and above gages. Took to dealer and they said too bad. We can replace for $2000.

- Boyertown, PA, USA

Sep 012015

Suburban

Within the first two years of owning the vehicle it developed cracks all along the dashboard. The cracks got bad enough that recently a large piece of the dashboard fell out. I have attempted to get Chevrolet to help pay for replacing it but they are unwilling and I cannot afford the entire bill alone. I am worried that the airbags will not work and that having electrical and mechanical exposed will cause harm to myself or the vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 022015

Cracking dashboard. 2nd cracking dashboard

- Nacogdoches, TX, USA

Sep 012015

Suburban

My dashboard is cracked and has sharp edges along the cracks. I'm afraid in an impact those sharp pieces will be flying at me and my passengers or completely impede the airbags from inflating as they should. It started with one crack, now cracked on several places, it seems the more I drive it on city roads the worse it gets. The dash might just fall onto my lap one day.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Mar 012016

Suburban

Cracked dash may damage passenger side airbag if activated.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Aug 202015

Suburban

The dash is severely cracked in 3 places with the largest crack above the steering wheel area.

- Southaven, MS, USA

Jul 082014

Suburban

Dash on Suburban has developed multiple cracks that could pose a safety issue in the event an airbag may fire.

- Eldridge, IA, USA

May 112011

Suburban

The dashboard on my vehicle started cracking and just gets worse year after year

- Gramercy, LA, USA

Jan 012014

Suburban

I bought my 2009 Suburban new in November 2009. But at around 60K miles the dashboard cracked. Would this affect the airbags or pose as a safety issue? I have 3 young children in the truck so this better not be a threat to any of us.

- Brentwood, CA, USA

Jul 012012

Suburban

Our actuators failed on 3 of my doors of my 2009 Chevy Suburban. If you use the remote only the drivers side rear door locks and/or unlocks. If you use the unlock/lock power button only the drivers side rear works. You must use the key to unlock the drivers door and you must either open the window to manually unlock the other doors or reach across the car to unlock the passenger side locks. We contacted GM and they sent us to have a diagnosis done which cost us $99. They estimated the cost to be $900 and told us we were responsible because our warranty ended at 36,000 miles. This is a safety concern. In an accident I wouldn't be able to get to any passengers including my children nor could emergency personnel. I could easily be car jacked or have my belongings stolen due to the locks not working. If my small child choked or had a medical emergency I could not reach them. I watch stories every day on the news of awful people taking or assaulting women by breaking into their cars and hiding in the back seats. This car cost well over $50,000 and this should be a safety recall. There will be a tragedy if this is not fixed.

- Tiverton, RI, USA