2012 Chevrolet Suburban body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Suburban:

2012 Chevrolet Suburban Owner Comments

Mar 282016

Suburban

Dash has cracked in two places: One above the instrument cluster and second on the passenger front airbag. The dash has never been cleaned with chemicals nor has it been struck with any object.

- Spring, TX, USA

Oct 012016

Suburban

I got in my car Saturday morning, October 1 and noticed 2 cracks on the driver's side of my dash board. Upon research I have discovered this is not an isolated incident. I am concerned about the safety of having this get larger and exposing electrical/mechnical components and the sharp edges of the cracked plastic should an accident occur. When I contacted Chevrolet they explained to me that they couldn't help because I am not the first owner of the vehicle which is really irrelevant when you have a whole fleet of vehicles experiencing this problem.

- Dickinson, TX, USA

Aug 032015

Suburban

The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Suburban. While driving at approximately 65 mph, there was a loud pop that came from the dashboard. The contact observed that there was a large crack on the front passenger side dashboard near the air bag. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 65,553.

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Jul 092015

Suburban

Power lift gate dropped suddenly ;

- Park Ridge, IL, USA

May 262012

Suburban 8-cyl

Went to put my shoes on and I saw that my front end of my truck was on fire.it had been 15 hours since I had driven the truck. There were flames coming out of the front passagner side on the grill. And engulfed the front end of my truck.

- Chippewa Falls, WI, USA