- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe
Worst 1999 Tahoe engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- intake gasket failure6
- blown engine3
- loses power climbing hills3
- cylinder #3 and #5 keeps misfiring1
- idles high1
- rough idle1
- unintended acceleration1
- water pump failure1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Tahoe Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Tahoe compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Tahoe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Tahoe.