8.0

2. replace with new (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Tahoe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Nov 062014

Tahoe LS 5.3L V8

Hello, I own a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L, 167k, I occurred a significant loss of braking power while exiting a major expressway approaching a red light. I applied my brakes and as my vehicle was slowing down the brake pedal went down completely to the floor! luckily I didn't go through the intersection and kill myself and others! The next morning I noticed a puddle of oil by my drivers door underneath my vehicle which turned out to be brake fluid, So I checked my fluid reservoir and it was empty. I felt this was a major problem as well as a costly one! AS IT TURNS OUT I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE CHEVY DEALER WHERE I HAD IT TOWED AND I WAS TOLD $1400.00 PARTS AND LABOR FOR RUSTED OUT BRAKE LINES !!!!!! WTF

YOU GOT TO BE F#CKING KIDDING ME !!!! I'M CURRENTLY ON WORKERS COMPENSATION AND CANNOT AFFORD THIS !!!!

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 092011

Tahoe LT 5.3L V8

Things are really starting to rot away on this old gal. I was surprised to see the level of rust on the front brake lines after I lost half of my braking system. The only solution is to replace it all. Ordered new bulk brake line, fittings,cutting tool, flaring tool, and bender. Wish me luck !!

- , Cato, NY, USA