6.0

1. repair or replace intake manifold (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Aug 252006

Tahoe

After a recall for the head rest for a pinching decrepancy from the dealership. I noticed that the truck began to buck or stumble while accelerating. At first I thought it may have been something that the dealership had touched. I brought the truck back to the dealership and explained the problem that I had when acceleraitng. The dealer mentioned that either the intake manifold may need a new gasket or it could be the manifold wasn't flat causing a vacuum leak. The cost for the repair was in the range of $800 to a $1,000. I confirmed the vacuum leak by tightening the manifold which improved the performance and lessoned the bucking or stumbling of the engine. I opted to replace or repair the intake manifold myself rather than pay the very high price for the repair. Ebay has the intake manifold for $75 plus the new gasket, a tube of gasket seal plus a weekend of my time.

- , Commack, NY, USA