6.0

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Nov 052010

Tahoe LS 5.3L V8

typical chevy engine. i have a venture that does it also. I use 5-30 castrol synthetic and it quiets it down some. If you use Sunoco ultra 93 oct. it is hardly noticeable at 12 degrees.

- , Lancaster, OH, USA

Sep 012001

Tahoe LS 5.3L V8

I have been a loyal Chevrolet owner for over 30 years. I purchased a brand new 2001 Chevy Tahoe with the 5.3L V-8. Ever since it was new it has had a cold engine knock. I have never found anyone who can tell me exactly what is causing this. I know my son had a 1999 Chevy Z-71 that did this and ended up throwing a rod bearing. We installed a 2002 Chevy engine purchased out of salvage yard. My wife drives this Tahoe and is worried constantly that the engine is going to crap out. I have changed the oil every 3000 miles. I always maintain my engines. I have heard it also has something to do with the Vac cannister on gas tank. Could someone please help me find out what is wrong with this piece of sh*t Chevrolet. Thanks RPoenisch

- , Taft, TX, USA