2002 Chevrolet Tahoe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Apr 092005

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

My wife and I own a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe. On April 9, 2005 my wife and young daughter were approaching a stop sign in North knoxville, Tennessee. My wife applied the brakes at a speed of approximately 10 -15 mph. Initially, she felt pressure in the brake pedal then the pedal completely depressed to the floor, absent of all pressure. As a result of the brake failure she rear-ended the car in front of her which in turn rolled into the car in front of them (a total of 3 vehicles were involved). The police officer that worked the accident checked the brakes and immediately had the vehicle towed due to inoperable brakes. As a result my wife was not cited in the accident. Damage was minimum to the other 2 cars, however repair costs to our Tahoe was approximately $4300. One of the other drivers complained of a hurt knee/leg and another driver complained of an injured back. My wife and daughter experienced no injuries. The extent of the other two injuries are unknown. The dealer inspected the brakes and indicated that they were in acceptable condition and reported there were no repairs necessary. I have driven the vehicle the past 2 weeks and they do appear to be operating properly. However, I have scheduled to have the brake system inspected by an independent dealer this week. I read a story on fox news indicating GM was under investigation for brake failures at low speeds and I wanted to submit my claim for consideration as our situation appears to be similar to previous incidents.

- Knoxville, TN, USA