Huge win for car owners! All TSBs to be made public. The Center for Auto Safety just made the NHTSA (US Government) make public the full text of all TSBs from now on. They are the same organization that has petitioned the NHTSA & filed lawsuits to protect car owners over exploding gas tanks & other major safety issues. Whenever you drive in your car, you are safer thanks in part to a lot of work over the years by this small but very effective consumer advocacy group.

Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety.

Print this page


hardly worth mentioning
Crashes / Fires:
0 / 0
Injuries / Deaths:
0 / 0
Average Mileage:
105,000 miles

About These NHTSA Complaints:

This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.

So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Find something helpful? Spread the word.
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe:

Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

problem #1

Sep 232010


  • 105,000 miles


2002 Chevy Tahoe with 105, 000 miles. Changed spark plugs and found a severed exhaust manifold bolt on the engine. The bolt is from the driver's side end of manifold. The bolt is worn and rusty on 90% of it and the other 10% is shiny (like a new break). Called dublin, ca Chevy and went in after they said they have had many complaints. The offered to fix it for 10% off the $1000 bill. I told them that it was their defect and they should pay. I called gmac and they told me to goto another Chevy dealer in san leandro, ca for a diagnosis since the 1st dealership never looked under the hood. That dealer looked at the truck and told me that they would have to remove the manifold and it would cost approximately, $500, but it could run more if there were more bolts that break off during the repair. I have three young children and I have taken immaculate care of this truck. I don't think I should have to pay for a repair when it is obvious by looking at the bolt that the bolt was over torqued when the vehicle was built. After much research, I have found thousands of complaints of this exact problem. They need to recall these vehicles and fix them. If I let this continue without fixing the problem, I will have a huge problem on my hands and it will be a safety issue.

- Castro Valley, CA, USA

Search for these popular complaint phrases...

Not what you are looking for?