1.8

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Dec 122009

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

This is a complaint about the ABS. I have had them cleaned, which worked a short time, but now everytime I apply the brakes the ABS tries to take over, lengthening my stopping distance. I do not feel safe using these brakes and would like to know how to disconnect them. These sensors may work fine in a controlled environment, but out in the real world of snow and salt, the life span is too short.

- Central Square, NY, USA

Sep 252009

Tahoe

I own a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 and recently experienced some problems with the ABS. When slowing down, below 10mph, the ABS kicks in randomly. This happens on clean, dry pavement. This is a frightening thing to happen to someone, especially someone who is driving around two small children. I did some online research and noticed this seems to be a common problem. I also noticed there was a recall for older vehicles that this was happening to and I wonder why the recall doesn't pertain to 2003 and newer vehicles. I would appreciate someone looking into this further and make some type of resolution to the problem. I do see a bulletin posted by Chevrolet so apparently this is a common and dangerous occurrence.

- Stephentown, NY, USA