4.0

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Oct 252007

Tahoe LS 4.7L V8

Car was purchased with 2 miles in July 2003. It now has 49,000 miles, which is below normal wear and tear for this vehicle. A friend bought hers shortly after I did and hers has 106,000 and not a single problem. The knocking noise I was told by the local dealer is a "characteristic" of this engine. The flywheel starting making a grinding noise that became almost unbearable to the ear. The car went out of warranty in July 2007 and rather conveniently, all the problems started happening shortly after.

I NEVER bought American cars due to their substandard craftsmanship, but I could not pass up a deal on a brand new SUV with $14,000 in rebates after my Maxima was stolen. With gas prices what they are today, its a burden to drive it and trying to turn it in as a trade in gives me zilch in trade in value. Will be done paying it in a few months and I know this now, that I will never ever buy an American car. I previously owned an Acura that I put 260,000 miles on it and then a Maxima that had 116,000 when it was stolen and still drive silently and felt as if I was gliding. This beast makes noise, I hate it and worst of all, I don't think 50,000 miles is "excessive wear" and "common" I have service records of 16 oil changes, 1 transmission fluid change, 9 air filter changes, 1 fuel filter change, 1 fuel injector service so I don't think this qualifies as neglect either.

- , San Diego, CA, USA