1.7

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

May 152015

Tahoe

While driving on the interstate at 70 mph the car switched to reduced engine power and reduced speed immediately to 25 mph, leaving me in the position to navigate through rush hour traffic to get to the side of the road. After happening a couple of times over a 30 period, it is now a regular occurrence. Each attempt to take the car in to a mechanic to be repaired results in the same issue occurring afterwards. Mechanics seem not to be able to determine the cause resulting in a completely unsafe car. The throttle body has been replaced, wire harness, pedal sensor, and throttle body sensor. Nothing has solved the problem!

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jan 122013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I own a 2003 Chevy Tahoe! my speedometer just stop working one day when driving. It will stick on a 120 or 35 or sometimes it wont move at all. I do have a picture of being parked and Tahoe shut off and its showing 120. Something needs to be done..people can't afford tickets for going over and under snd I also have the tow pkg and own a pop up and really scared to travel with it. Cant afford the 600 they it will cost..cant get into a non Chevy. This is my first Chevy I bought and think it will be my last..GM step up and get this recalled.

- Hartford, WI, USA

Oct 162011

Tahoe

I can be going down the highway running 65-70 mph and the reduced engine power light will come on and reduces my speed to 10 mph! I pull over, disconnect the battery cable and replace it, then I could continue for another week or so. Finally, I left the diagonstic computer in my truck and was able to capture the code P1125. The mechanic said to replace the throttle body. That was done in October. It ran fine for a while, but it started doing it again. The throttle body was replaced again! now, two months later, it's doing it again! no one can seem to fix the problem. Meanwhile, I am a female who travels the highways everyday going back and forth to work and I have been in several dangerous situations due to this problem that will not stop! as of now, I can not drive my truck and having to rely on carpooling again until it's fixed for the third time in the past 6 months. It also appears that several people are having the same problem with no results. Someone is going to get killed if this is not addressed soon!

- Sandston, VA, USA

Nov 082010

Tahoe

Driving along the highway at the posted speed of 65 mph the speedometer suddenly dropped to 0 and the needle ceased to move. Upon stopping at the next rest stop and checking for circuit breakers I realized that the problem was probably within the instrument itself and continued. Returning to the freeway I noticed the speedometer was once again functioning but cars were passing me at an excessive speed. I estimated, by traveling with the flow of traffic, our speedometer was reading 15-20 mph fast. After stopping again and troubleshooting with no success we resumed our trip with the speedometer reading approximately 10-15 slower than actual speed. Upon notifying our dealer I was told the speedometers in this year vehicle were failing at a excessive rate and the manufacturer had decided to offer and extended warranty to 70000 miles for replacement. I was never notified of this problem and warned of the defective parts in my vehicle. This particular trip was to Mexico and the reliability of my speedometer would be a particular concern on the roads I travelled. This part should have been recalled due to the excessive rate of failure and the manufacturer should have notified the consumer immediately.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Mar 132009

Tahoe

Recently purchased (3 days ago) a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe and both my wife and I noticed erratic behavior from speedometer. After much research and another family member with the same problem on a 2004 Tahoe, we realized that this was a serious safety issue that an extreme amount of other people were having. The speedometer "sticks" at different points while accelerating or decelerating, I wish to get this issue resolved as soon as possible via recall. GM is well aware of this problem and it should issue a full recall on the instrument cluster to fix the problem. A simple "special situation" warranty is not good enough. GM must issue a recall on this very widely experienced problem. They also said that although my mileage was only 2000 miles over the "70,000" mile mark, they wouldn't fix it. This is a serious safety issue! GM...do the right thing! reference blogs and GM class action lawsuit at: townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.F11F710/159 and also at www.lrolaw.com/pdf/gmspeed.pdf.

- Mount Holly, NJ, USA