7.4

2. guy on ebay that repairs them for $150 (2 reports)
  3. replace cluster (2 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Nov 032013

Tahoe V8

I just bought a 2004 Chevy Tahoe 2 weeks ago, with-in the first 24 hours the speedometer was way the heck off. In park it sat at 60mph DRIVING on the other hand exceeded 120mph (I think, hell who knows for certain it only goes to 120!!) I went in right away to the dealer on a Monday morning ( I bought on Sat) and they could not fit me in till FRIDAY... Guess they didn't feel this was a danger cause they wouldn't give up one of their "courtesy" loaners! How courteous of them!!

- , Buffalo, Minnesota, USA

Aug 012008

Tahoe 4.8L

Okay, this is a serious problem for hard working Americans.....Anybody interested in a class action lawsuit please call at 619-247-1552. Let's do something about this!

this is really getting to be ridiculous.

Also all that think going to Ford will solve the issue...Guess again!! My uncle just bought 2 years ago a Ford and it's cluster did the same thing. So did his last Ford. these people are robbing us!

So let's do something.........

- , Lakeside, CA, USA

Apr 062010

Tahoe LS 4.8L

I understand lights go out but make it where it does't take an act of Congress to fix. It should be as easy as replacing a bulb. Pull the cluster of course.

- , Adkins, Texas, USA

Feb 072009

Tahoe 5.3L

HAD THE VEHICLE A LITTLE OVER A YEAR. WENT TO A BABY SHOWER AND ON THE WAY HOME MY SPEEDOMETER WENT STUPID. IT DID NOT REGISTER THE RIGHT SPEED. TOOK IT TO CHEVY DEALER THEY TOLD ME THERE WAS A RECALL ON IT, ASKED ME THE MILEAGE. I TOLD THEM THE MILEAGE AND THEY SAID THE RECALL DOES NOT COVER VEHICLES OVER 80,000 MILES. I HAD TO PAY AROUND $430.00 TO REPLACE IT. THIS SUCKS. I THINK IF SOMETHING IS RECALLED THE CHEVY DEALERSHIP SHOULD REPLACE IT NO MATTER HOW MANY MILES YOU HAVE. IF ITS RECALLED THAT MEANS THERE WERE ALOT OF PROBLEMS SO THEY SHOULD HAVE REPLACED IT FOR FREE. I,VE HAD LOTS OF PROBLEMS WITH MY TAHOE. THE ONLY GOOD THING I COULD SAY FOR TAHOE IS IT TURNS SHARP. I LIKE THAT. OTHERWISE THEY SUCK. I LOVED MY VEHICLE AT FIRST BUT NOW I REGRET IT. IT SEEMS LIKE EVERY TIME I TURN AROUND SOMETHING HAPPENS AND I'M OUT MORE MONEY FIXING IT. ITS NEVER SOMETHING SIMPLE AND NOT COSTLY. EACH TIME IS AT LEAST 200.00 OR MORE.

- , Delhi, LA, USA

May 222007

Tahoe Z71 5.3L V8

BS this was not recalled. The lights fail on the dashboard, steering wheel and heater controls. Real problem is you cannot repair or replace them unless because they ar not user friendly. Dissapointing.

- , Manchester, NH, USA

Jan 122009

Tahoe 1500 5.8L

Contacted Dealer they informed me that vehicle was out of warranty and the cost to repair would be approximately $500. Purchase extended warranty and just as it expired the darn thing gave out, typical....

- , El Paso, Texas, USA

May 122007

Tahoe LS 5.3L V8

Chevy has a recall on instrument cluster failure and has extended the warranty to 70000 miles or 7 years. Chevy refused to repair mine because of the mileage, The issue is not a mileage thing it is a time thing, whether corrosion or faulty circuit board. Please notice the time element when failures occur.

Chevy wanted $500 to fix it, I fixed it for $225 from on line exchange service, To fix, pop off the finish bazel, remove 4 screws, tilt cluster forward, disconnect modular plug, slide out cluster, to reinstall do the reverse, Total time to replace less than 15 minutes.

Chevy not helpful at all, Last one for me.

- , North Grosvenordale, CT, USA