4.4

1. replace actuator-encoder motor (2 reports)
  2. replace encoder sensor-actuator (1 reports)
  3. replaced 4 wheel drive sensor (1 reports)
  4. reprogrammed transfer case module (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Aug 252007

Tahoe Z71 5.3L V8

At 33.5k miles, the truck would randomly enter various 4WD modes when started (including 4 Low) or the 4WD system would not engage at all. The dealership replaced the dash switch the first visit, which seemed to help for about a month, then "Service 4WD" message reappeared. The next visit, the encoder motor was replaced and the problem has not reappeared yet (only 35k miles so far...).

- , Hamilton, OH, USA

Tahoe Z71 V6

Third time this happened and I had to pay labor so I was getting a little ticked now!

Tahoe Z71 V6

This was the first time the service 4 wheel drive light came on. I was told by a person that worked there and also had a Tahoe that they had had problems with this but they hadn't recalled them. I wasn't sure at the time if it would be an ongoing problem or not.

Tahoe Z71 V6

GMC has admitted a problem with the 4 wheel drive but has not recalled them or covered the cost each time we take it in.

Tahoe Z71 V6

Second time this happened they were paying for it so I wasn't to concerned yet.