2005 Chevrolet Tahoe accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jul 212008

Tahoe

Device, now reported by Chevrolet dealership to be automatic climate control thermostat, located directly over driver's head in 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe continuously (while vehicle is running) emits 100+/- milligauss of electrical charge. My exposure to this during first week of my ownership of vehicle after my July 21, 2008, purchase caused me to have debilitating headaches and tinnitus; also, my memory seems to be less sharp than before exposure. Two Chevrolet service departments and I identified the devices causing high radiation exposure to my head, and selling dealer disconnected thermostat;disconnecting thermostat results in front defroster, and all heat and air conditioning systems being rendered virtually uncontrollable. Originally selling dealer offered to relocate the thermostat away from my head, but dealer later retracted that offer. Chevrolet customer service looked into the issue of the thermostat emitting high level of radiation and reported to me the thermostat/device is performing according to specification and may not be relocated. With thermostat connected, I get debilitating headaches and tinnitus, the related long term physiological ramifications of which I do not know. If the thermostat is disconnected, my inability to control temperature and airflow inside the passenger compartment render the vehicle unsafe to drive under many weather conditions. Postscript: It occurs to me that the radiation exposure from the Tahoe thermostat seems many times higher than the radiation exposure associated with cell phone usage;and the thermostat radiation is emitted continually while driving. I am informed that for a short period of time several years ago, Volvo offered for sale in europe, a retrofit package to ground out high radiation levels in its vehicles.

- Reading, PA, USA