7.5

2. replacement of dashboard (19 reports)
  3. replaced entire dashboard except air bag section (8 reports)
  4. replace the dashboard (7 reports)
  5. dash was replaced free of charge (1 reports)
  6. tractions control came on (1 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jul 012013

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L V8

Poor Engineering, GM needs to recall. Do all of the other Tahoe agree?

- , Griffin, GA, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe LS V8

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

There is two cracks on my dashboard. one is over the steering wheel and the other one is on the passengers airbag. this is a safety concern that needs to be repair as soon as possible since it is the family car that we travel in. my kids safety is very important to me.

- , Fontana, CA, USA

Nov 182015

Tahoe LT 5.7L

Small crack started just in front of passenger airbag. Now large crack starts at very front of dash and continues to top of instrument cluster rise on dash. It looks like crap and is getting worse. It's also very sharp if you try to clean dash with rag. Chevy should recall and repair.

- , Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Apr 152010

Tahoe LT 5.3L

GM will not fix. Year model is under the bailout. 07-08 they don't repair

- , Yukon, OK, USA

Aug 212013

Tahoe Z71 5.3L

Can't believe GM worn't own up to this just like the ignition switch problem they should recall all the years that have this Dashboard Cracking problem if you see photos of almost all the Tahoe's with this problem the cracks are all in the same spots it is clearly a materials design flaw. Don't get me wrong I like the truck but I don't think I will ever own another GM product again.

- , Pleasanton, CA, USA

Jan 012012

Tahoe LT 3.5L

This car is not really used for anything other then long trips. I brought this up to the attention at the dealer. They said it was not covered. My warranty had ended - 2-3 months after I noticed. I spoke to GM and they said they would split the cost. Total repair cost 1k. I was very upset. I went back an fourth regarding it's repair and they refuse to repair it. The thing that is disturbing, the cracks are right were the airbags are both on cracks on driver and passenger side. I know one thing, I will never buy another car from GM. I'm the only owner of this car.

- , Palmdale, CA, USA

Sep 022014

Tahoe 5.3L

Not only is the dashboard cracked but the color is coming off. So there are black spots showing in the middle of a grey dashboard.

- , DOUGLASVILLE, GA, USA

Jan 012011

Tahoe LT 5.7L

Irritating that the dashboard cracked, not because of anything I did and they dealership won't replace. They know it's their issue as I have friends with the same crack in the dash and they changed the material for later body styles because of that. Annoying. I've driven my Tahoe since they day I drove it off the showroom floor. Seems like there are just endless problems with it now. Dashboard, peeling handles, power mirror doesn't go down on passenger side...not to mention the high oil consumption!! Ugh Chevy!!!

- , Pflugerville, TX, USA

Mar 012015

Tahoe LT V8

About 3 months ago we found cracks in the dashboard of our 2007 Tahoe LT. The major crack (about 6 inch long) is in the dome part of the dash just left of the steering wheel. A smaller crack is just above the passenger airbag. Checking the GM/Chevrolet forums and car complaints websites---found that this is a common problem with 2007-2008 GM trucks and suburbans. These vehicles have cracks all in the same location (which rules out sun damage).

Cracked dashboards mean poor quality. Cracks at the airbag are a safety issue. GM is aware of the problem, but so far there is no uniform corporate response ( check the on-line forums).

We will contact the Chevrolet Corporate Customer Advocate. Hoping for the best. but in any event, the dash needs to be replaced.

- , Lomita, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Tahoe LT

I hate the fact that you buy a nice car and all of a sudden the long cracks pop up and you feel like the whole dash is going to explode. I hate for someone to sit in the passenger seat, thinking the air bag is going to explode.

Pieces fall into the dash and I am so afraid that it will short out a wire or something. I do not know what to do!

- , Alexandria, LA, USA

Jul 012007

Tahoe LT 5.3L V8

It appears to be the highest number of complaints.

- , Saint Augustine, FL, USA

Dec 052014

Tahoe LT V8

THIS IS A KNOWN PROBLEM BY CHEVROLET BUT THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP FIX THE PROBLEM. I WONDER WHY IT HASN'T BEEN RECALLED. WHAT HAPPENED TO QUALITY AND STANDING BY YOUR PRODUCT.

- , Sandy Hook, VA, USA

Nov 052014

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L V8

On June 2014 I bought this truck which its gonna coast me $26000 after the all payment

On November 5 I saw a crack on the passenger side above the airbag, two days ago I saw another one on the the driver side above the steering wheel I almost having a heart attack because of it. After that I looked on line and I saw the reviews. I said am gonna lose my time if I go to the dealer, so I bought the cover to hide in it, its manufacturing defect. It's shame on them if they didn't fix our problem.

- , Paterson, NJ, USA

Jan 172013

Tahoe LS 5.3L V8

The dashboard is cracked it all started POP GOES THE FRAKIN DASHBOARD LITTLE DID I FREAKING KNOW IT MY DASHBOARD THAT CRACKED ON ME NOW WHEN MY 12 YEAR OLD SON SITS IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT I AM SCARED TO DEATH BECAUSE I THINK THAT IT IS GOING EXPLODED DIRECTLY IN HIS FACE! THIS SHOULD BE SOME TYPE OF RECALL SERIOUSLY.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Sep 012014

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L V8

the dash has cracked in 3 spots, it is obvious this is a manufacturer defect. My biggest concern is that the two cracks that lead to the air bag opening would cause the dash to splinter if the air bags were to ever be deployed.

- , irmo, SC, USA

Sep 102014

Tahoe Z71

Exact same cracks as everyone else, driver's side up to hump, and passenger side left side of airbag.

- , Shamrock, TX, USA

May 122008

Tahoe LT 5.3L

I bought the 07 Tahoe new at Watson Chevrolet in Tucson, Arizona on September 2008. I had the vehicle for about six months when I noticed a two inch crack on its dashboard at the leading edge area driver's side. I took it to the dealership for replacement since I did not feel it should be repaired but replaced since the vehicle was new and still under warranty. I was told that the dash was not under warranty and that if I wanted replaced it would be expensive. Bottom line, I got nowhere with them, now that one crack has grown to four cracks in the same immediate area. There is also yet another crack on the left corner of the dash above the instrument cluster. I find it appalling that so many complaints have been lodged on this website and still GM refuses to acknowledge and much less replace all these defective dashboards. I agree that there should be a class action law suit filed to make all affected parties whole in a retroactive manner. The gross amount of complaints clearly indicate that his not a frivolous complaint and GM should be held accountable.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 032014

Tahoe LT 4.0L

When I first purchased my vehicle in July of this year, I didn't notice the dashboard. It was only after I had purchased it that one of my children notice the crack. It was cracked in 2 places. I called the car dealer and was advised to call a repair man that they use for all their repairs. I called this person and he told me to meet him so he could assess the problem. I met with him and he advised that there was 2 ways to correct this problem, either he could replace the dashboard which will cost money or he could put a dashboard cover over it. He advised that this was common for these vehicles. After I advised him that the car dealer wanted him to call with his assessment, he advised that he already knew that they probably not going to want to replace the dashboard that I probably would get the cover. After several calls to the dealer, I finally got someone to tell me what was going on with my dashboard. Dealer advised that he had ordered me a dashboard cover and that the repair man was going to call me when he get ready to put it in. At this point I didn't know what a dashboard cover was. I thought that I was getting something that resemble the original dashboard but I realized when I saw it that it was a cloth cover that just laid on top of the dashboard. After seeing I didn't want it because it was so distracting to me. Even though I let him lay it on the dashboard, I removed it because all you had to do was just take it up. It was not attached to anything. I decided I preferred to deal with the cracks on the dashboard than that cloth thing. So as of right now, my dashboard is still cracked. If it get fix, I guess I will have to do that myself.

- , Valley Grande, AL, USA

May 102011

Tahoe LS V8

Started with a crack in the dash over the curved part above odometer panel. Now, have a crack starting on the passenger side. Starting to rattle occasionally. Needs to be recalled.

- , Moulton, AL, USA

Jan 012012

Tahoe LTZ V8

1- IN MY TAHOE THE DASHBOARD HAS CRACKS EXACTLY IN THE SAME PLACES EVERY OTHER SUV OF THIS TYPE HAS THEM , OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A DEFECT FROM FACTORY AND IS LOCATED JUST ABOVE THE PASSENGER AIRBAG AND OVER THE SPEEDOMETER HOUSING.

2-THE HOUSING OF MY REAR VIEW MIRRORS IS MELTING