7.5

2. replacement of dashboard (12 reports)
  3. replaced entire dashboard except air bag section (8 reports)
  4. dash was replaced free of charge (1 reports)
  5. tractions control came on (1 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jan 012012

Tahoe LTZ V8

1- IN MY TAHOE THE DASHBOARD HAS CRACKS EXACTLY IN THE SAME PLACES EVERY OTHER SUV OF THIS TYPE HAS THEM , OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A DEFECT FROM FACTORY AND IS LOCATED JUST ABOVE THE PASSENGER AIRBAG AND OVER THE SPEEDOMETER HOUSING.

2-THE HOUSING OF MY REAR VIEW MIRRORS IS MELTING

3-THE FRONT END HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY NOISY

- , Lawrenceville, NJ, USA

May 232014

Tahoe

I called the local dealership and GM's toll free Customer Service line ( 800-22-1020) to registered a complaint regarding the large crack (now hole) in my dashboard. I was referred back to local dealer for a diagnostic, but later told that the local service person was not available, then told to just drop it by for a quote, however, there was NO promise of cost assistance.

There is currently NO "recall" for the dashboard. The customer service rep thinks its because complaints are being made on blogs, rather than at Chevrolet.com. So please make sure you register your complaints with GM also! Meanwhile, I will follow the process to see where it leads.

- , Dublin, GA, USA

Nov 072012

Tahoe LT 5.8L

I talked to the Dealer and they said it was not covered under the warranty. I think it should be recalled and GM should pay to fix it. Also, outside trims are changing colors.

- , Sunland, CA, USA

Jan 282011

Tahoe LTZ

Cracked dashboard on my 2007 Tahoe...A lot of people have this problem. I cannot believe nothing is getting done about this.

- , Fontana, CA, USA

Apr 102012

Tahoe LTZ V8

Go to the site.... It is all there. Sad GM.

2007 Tahoe Cracked Dash.... just like all of the rest. The owners don't deserve to pay for GM's failure

- , Fairfax, VA, USA

Aug 012012

Tahoe LTZ V8

This vehicle cost a lot of money; I can not believe that GM and the dealer refuse to offer any solution to this issue. I have purchased many GM vehicles in my time, but now I an done. I can not be loyal to a company or dealer that does not find it necessary to care for its customers that have a legit issue. I will find a new make of vehicle to pledge my dollars too. This is awful!

- , Milford, DE, USA

Aug 112012

Tahoe LS 4.8L V8

I have had this dashboard replaced only a little over a year ago and the dash cracked again above the gauge cluster the first time the dealer covered it as a so called courtesy now I am on the way to the dealer tomorrow to argue with them again and I do have a gmpp warranty they told me the last time it was not covered. I am pissed !!!! Not this time, for them to fix again and resolve the issue at no cost to me or I will trade off to a Ford product since the are not a government owned company.

- , Beeville, TX, USA

Jun 092012

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L

problems number two....WTF come one Chevy I love the looks of the truck and want it to last my a long time.

- , Farmville, NC, USA

Mar 012013

Tahoe LTZ 3.2L V6

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Garage kept and windshield sun block used. I have a crack in my hard plastic dashboard that begins where the dash starts at the window and extends forward towards the driver seat half way up the curve whee the speedometer is. Apparently I am not the only one reporting this. The dealer service guy said this isa common but there is really no good fix outside of getting a new dashboard for a lot of money. This is a known problem by the dealerships and consumers are reporting it and this should be recalled by Chevy. I am not very happy about something that cracks, such as my dashboard, that can not be fixed and must be replaced. Please urge Checy to recall this and relaxe cracked dashboards.

Update from Mar 17, 2013: Update- Called Chevy Corporate customer advocate and I could not be happier. They offered to replace the dash for $200 which is fair considering I have close to 105k miles on the truck. If you have the same issue, I encourage you to call Chevy corporate and give it a try.

- , Westlake Village, CA, USA

Jan 012013

Tahoe LTZ 5.8L

I have a 2007 Tahoe that I take great care of and I have three cracks in the same place as most people in the forum. I contacted my dealership Steve Moore Cheverolet in Charlotte, NC and reported/explained the issue. The person informed me they would look up my vehicle by VIN and get back with me. When they returned my call several hours later I was informed that the dash would be $493.00 and the installation would be $420.00. Then he proceeded to tell me that I may need to have something else replaced (sorry can't remember or eitehr I wasn't listening at this point) that would be another $305.00. WOW!!! Thanks Chevy for standing behind your vehicle. This will be my LAST chevorlet vehicle. I know this may not be a representation of all their vehicles but this was enough to move me and everyone else I can influence away from Chevy. Also I talked to my brother in law in SC and he has the same three cracks.

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Mar 052013

Tahoe LX Vy

the dash cracked at the airbag and on the top near the steering wheel on the edge of the "hump" for the steering wheel. I have not had time to look at getting it replaced, but will do so next time I take it in for service at the dealer.

- , Bumpass, VA, USA

Jan 012013

Tahoe

GM knows about the dashboard problem and they just don't care...I wish someone would start a class action lawsuit against GM...anyone know how to do this...I'm will to be involved...

- , Millville, MA, USA

Aug 102011

Tahoe LT

One day I realized there was a crack in the dash above the passengers side air bag. A few weeks later, there wasa second crack several inches long on the drivers side of the dash. I would really love for Chevy to fix this for free based on the comments I've seen and the number of complaints. Will be happy to provide pictures if necessary.

- , Easley, SC, USA

Sep 282012

Tahoe LTZ V8

We were riding down the road and it souded like a rock hit the windshield!!! We pulled over to check it out and realized there was no crack in the windshield but there was a huge crack in the dash above the steering wheel!!!! It looks awful and I want it fixed. The vehicle is not under warranty but I've done some research and this seems to be common in this model! I think Chevy should fix it at no or little cost to me.

- , Trinity, NC, USA

Sep 012012

Tahoe LS

cracked dashboard first one when it had about 36000 miles dealer said warranty didn't cover it . Didn't have money to fix 2 cracks. 75000 mile now manufactured said will replace but I have to pay for labor. Labor is $280.00 My steering wheel also peel the and the door handles peel also cause turns out they are chrome coated only. So when ever I open the door I would forget and cut myself on it. (both doors) So they said they would also replace that and this month the center that come down for your drink and things also cracked leather in about 8 small slits but after all my complaints I forgot to add that so I don't know if they will replace that now?

- , Corona, CA, USA

Apr 012010

Tahoe LS

Purchased vehicle used in 2009. In April 2010 the dash cracked at the airbag and on the top near the steering wheel on the edge of the "hump" for the steering wheel. These were huge cracks. Called and complained to Chevrolet and they denied there was a problem and would not replace the dash. I filed every complaint I could find on- line. After about 4 months, Chevrolet called me out of the blue and asked if I had the dash replace to which I advised no (could not afford the $800.00 cost). They offered to replace the dash if I paid a $100 deductible. I accepted this offer and had the dash replaced. Well, imagine my surprise when out of the blue the new dash cracked, same places! I called Chevrolet again to complain, as the new dash was less than 2 years old. After several days they called to offer a 50/50 split on the cost of a new dash. I told them that I was not interested in this because there is an obvious defect in the dash and I felt they should fix the defect before replacing the dash. If they don't fix the defect then they should replace the dashes every time they crack. I don't know at this point if the defect poses a danger. Since the cracking is all the way through the dash around the airbag I'm not sure if this compromises the air bag at all or if the broken pieces will become airborne projectiles in a vehicle accident. I'd sure hate to find out. A simple internet search will uncover several reports of cracked dashed in 2007 Tahoes and Avalanches, as well as GMC Yukons. There is even a Facebook page - just search for 207 Tahoe Cracked Dash.

- , Long Beach, MS, USA

Jul 182012

Tahoe

My dashboard cracked on the left side of the passenger airbag panel. The crack was about 3" long went from the panel to the dash vent. I contacted the dealership (Service Chevrolet of Lafayette, LA) that I purchased this vehicle from and they informed me that they were aware of this problem but at this time there are no recalls therefore there is nothing that they could do about it because the vehicle warranty is only for 3 years or 36000 miles. I felt that they could have offered some sort of solution given my loyalty to them over the last 15 years. I know where I will not be shopping for my next vehicle.

- , Lafayette, LA, USA

Jan 012012

Tahoe LS 4.8L V8

Bought a used 2007 Chevy Tahoe in March of 2011. Loved the vehicle! As expected with used vehicles, there were some dings and scratches and a few "boo-boo's. One of the first things I noticed was the handle on the front driver side was peeled off along the top, ok no biggie it's used....but after reading some of the complaints on here, it seems to be an issue as well. I noticed a crack in my dash over the steering wheel hump sometime in January this year. Have no clue how it got there, my husband chalked it up to "hot ass Texas weather" and that the dreadfully hot summer we had last year probably weakened the dash and with the temperature changes, it probably cracked. Then just this week on July 4th to be exact, I noticed another crack in the upper left hand corner of the airbag! I told my husband this is not right because I have religiously put up my sun visor and keep my dash treated with Armor-all AND I also have a covered car port in my driveway! We had the first crack repaired in march through an auto-body place and it now seems to be coming apart. So apparently it's just all cheap plastic! Called the dealership and was told that it's no longer covered under warranty and that GM is aware of the problem and would pay for half of the cost of a new dash which is still $300, plus $550 for labor!!! Really???!! They also said they would get me a new door handle for $51...didn't even ask how much they would charge to put in in! If GM is aware there is a problem you think they would offer to have them replaced at no charge to the customer considering how much these damn things cost! I busted my butt for 2 years to come up with a sizable amount of money to put down an a vehicle and then busted my butt some more to pay it off within a yer and this is the gratitude GM gives their customers! What a joke!

- , Temple, TX, USA

May 222012

Tahoe Z71 5.3L

Now I am pissed. This is the second dash that has cracked in my 2007 Z71 tahoe. The first was replaced by dealership under warranty. Now less than 30k miles later later it has happened again. I called the dealer ship today (memorial day) and they asked me to come in to see what they could do. As my warranty is up, they refused to replace dash free of charge. Instead they offered me a 70/30 split where I pay 70% totaling approx $550.00. I refused and got a little irate (to say the least) as they just replaced the dash not too long ago and they said it was a problem with the dash. after a few choice words, I left. I then called my sales person who I have bought 2 other vehicles from and stated my case. He has just sent me the owner of the dealership's email and suggested I state my case with them. I will be doing this shortly, but in the meantime want to know where I can purchase a replacement dash other than the dealership. Does anyone have any suggestions?

- , Tomball, TX, USA

Nov 102011

Tahoe Z71 5.3L

I own a 2007 checvy Z71 tahoe that we bought literaly off the show room floor with everything you could have added. The first time my dash cracked I took it in and it was repaired under warranty. Now aprox 25000 miles later it has happened again. GM needs to understand this and do a factory recall on it.

- , Tomball, TX, USA